Gibson Brands Forums

New Piece of Music-"Palm Tree"

QuestionMark

Here's a video/audio of a new piece of music I wrote this past winter. I also took the photos that accompany the music. It's called "Palm Tree". I wrote it on my Epiphone EL-00 and also decided to record it, playing that guitar, too. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of it!

Click here for the video/audio of "Palm Tree":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcnweoHHoZ4

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

Duluthdan, Red333-

Thanks for listening and the comments! Much appreciated!

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I arrived at the party late tonight, great tune. I spotted what looked like So. Cal beaches as soon as the images popped up on the screen. I left Huntington Beach in 1970 but noticed familiar beaches instantly. Where exactly did you shoot these photos?

I arrived at the party late tonight, great tune. I spotted what looked like So. Cal beaches as soon as the images popped up on the screen. I left Huntington Beach in 1970 but noticed familiar beaches instantly. Where exactly did you shoot these photos?

You are right on the mark. I shot all of the photos in Huntington Beach, CA. Most during a daily walk on the beach (along Pacific Coast Highway), some on Main Street, and a few on Warner Avenue, a few along Bolsa Chica!

Thanks for listening and your comment!

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Lovely tune, QM! That’s a sweet sounding EL-00. I love mine, even though it’s not REALLY an EL-00 as everyone knows them, it’s one of the very first ones which is shaped like an L-1. Terrific little box!

Lovely tune, QM! That’s a sweet sounding EL-00. I love mine, even though it’s not REALLY an EL-00 as everyone knows them, it’s one of the very first ones which is shaped like an L-1. Terrific little box!

Jinder-thanks for listening and the complements on the music and the guitar. I feel the same about my EL-00! Terrific little guitars! I wonder if the first one I ever played was the same shape as yours. It was when the EL-00s first came out and I was super impressed with them. I didn’t get mine until many years later, having put off getting one for way too long.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Archived