Gibson Brands Forums

New Piece of Music, "Palm Tree"

QuestionMark

Here's a video/audio of a new piece of music I wrote this past winter. I also took the photos that accompany the music. It's called "Palm Tree". I wrote it on my Epiphone EL-00 and also decided to record it, playing that guitar, too. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of it!

Click here for the video/audio of "Palm Tree":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcnweoHHoZ4

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

Thx for posting, nice tune and nicely played. Gotta think though that it took longer to take the pix of the palm trees than it did to write the song [biggrin] . BTW, some of those scenes are remotely familiar? So Cal?

Thx for posting, nice tune and nicely played. Gotta think though that it took longer to take the pix of the palm trees than it did to write the song [biggrin] . BTW, some of those scenes are remotely familiar? So Cal?

Thanks for listening. The music did indeed come to me instantaneous as some songs do. Adding the bridge and arrangement as well as figuring out how to actually play it on my guitar to sound like it sounded in my head was another matter. I worked on that for about two months. The composing process is always an interesting journey of trial and error edit efforts...to make it all sound like it all comes easy. That’s part of performance, too.

Regarding the palm tree photos, they were all taken in Huntington Beach, California. The majority were ones taken along the beach next to Pacific Coast Highway and some were taken on Main Street in downtown HB, and yet others were taken on Warner Avenue as well as on Bolsa Chica.

Again, thanks for listening/watching the video and posting a comment about it!

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Regarding the palm tree photos, they were all taken in Huntington Beach, California. The majority were ones taken along the beach next to Pacific Coast Highway and some were taken on Main Street in downtown HB, and yet others were taken on Warner Avenue as well as on Bolsa Chica.

Thought some of those shots looked familiar. Lived in HB for 25 yrs or so (moved to Irvine a couple of years ago, don't ask). Again, nice tune and thx for posting.

Archived