Gibson Brands Forums

Mellow my Mind

fretplay

I've rediscovered Neil Young, not so much the Heart of Gold stuff but his later work. I like this song Mellow my Mind, Neil records it on electric so I have done it on acoustic.

I recorded it on a Gibson CJ165 for both tracks, the second track where the harmonica would be.

Straight forward stuff all recorded into a mic no electric pick ups and no plectrums. Oh yes some added visuals. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfOVxa5amqE&t=15s

A good choice - one of the fine and fragile tunes from the somewhat gloomy black'n'white Tonight's the Night album.

I remember buying the record in the Soho Market in London the summer it came out. Never regretted that for sure.

It was released to late and had been 'shelfed' btw. - the company couldn't handle all those loose ends gathered in one dark box.

In fact especially the vox on this track was exceptional. He was wining the words out the way one squeeze a lemon dry. .

Keep rollin'

Neil has done many songs some good and some not so but this I liked enough to cover, thanks for the kind words guys. Of the early stuff I like Out on the Weekend, just a great song with so much feeling, feeling of being there, and LA is a long way from me but I've covered it all the same.

Archived