Gibson Brands Forums

Intro

JJK

Hi Everyone,

Started out with a 125 back in the 60's, moved to an ES175; sold both and bought a 335 in 1991, finally wised up and kept it. Bought a Godin LaPatrie about 5 years ago and have plans to buy a used Fender American Deluxe in the near future. Really enjoy playing all kinds of music. Bought BIAB a year ago and found out many things about my playing. Most of them not too good. Comping with a piano player now and the BAIB; amazing how what you thought sounded great, doesn't! Started on the harmonica earlier this year and am going to add it to some of the guitar tunes, hopefully get it in sync. It's all a great hobby, but few people have any clue about how much work it is to learn to play an instrument. So long for now, see you at the forum. Jim

Hi Everyone,

Started out with a 125 back in the 60's, moved to an ES175; sold both and bought a 335 in 1991, finally wised up and kept it. Bought a Godin LaPatrie about 5 years ago and have plans to buy a used Fender American Deluxe in the near future. Really enjoy playing all kinds of music. Bought BIAB a year ago and found out many things about my playing. Most of them not too good. Comping with a piano player now and the BAIB; amazing how what you thought sounded great, doesn't! Started on the harmonica earlier this year and am going to add it to some of the guitar tunes, hopefully get it in sync. It's all a great hobby, but few people have any clue about how much work it is to learn to play an instrument. So long for now, see you at the forum. Jim

Hi Newbie: I'll respond to your comment about how much work it is to learn an instrument. I'm one of the few. After many years, I finally wised up and decided to take some guitar lessons. It's been 3 years and I'll be 65 on Monday. Holy Canoli it's hard. At my age, how in the world do you to get those little bitty muscles in the fingers of your left hand to do what your brain is telling them to do???? And oh by the way, who knew i had pudgy finger tips?? And I should have one of the mysteries of the world figured out soon. You know, music theory! Just put together the pieces of the Dominant 7th puzzle! But am I having a great time! Can't wait till I get good enough to justify playing my dad's 1949 Martin amd his 1941 Gibson L5. I'll keep you posted.

1521853570[/url]' post='1925675']

Hi Newbie: I'll respond to your comment about how much work it is to learn an instrument. I'm one of the few. After many years, I finally wised up and decided to take some guitar lessons. It's been 3 years and I'll be 65 on Monday. Holy Canoli it's hard. At my age, how in the world do you to get those little bitty muscles in the fingers of your left hand to do what your brain is telling them to do???? And oh by the way, who knew i had pudgy finger tips?? And I should have one of the mysteries of the world figured out soon. You know, music theory! Just put together the pieces of the Dominant 7th puzzle! But am I having a great time! Can't wait till I get good enough to justify playing my dad's 1949 Martin amd his 1941 Gibson L5. I'll keep you posted.

I'm very glad your having fun playing, even if it's hard because that's the key. Practice, practice and practice some more till those fingers hurt and calluses will build up on the tips of the fingers allowing you to play for hours. I'll turn 65 April 22 next month and at 16 years old I had a terrible accident almost cutting my left arm off at the elbow got over 300 stitches and the nerve to my thumb is still dead. Very hard to use the pinky finger and arthritis in my knuckles and 2 finger joints but I play pretty good and relearned at 60 when I retired from the Railroad. Playing my Acoustic Ovation tonight. Best of luck guys!msp_thumbup.gif

Archived