Gibson Brands Forums

Atlantic City

MorrisrownSal

Wow that was good, I'll give you 2 thumbs up for that!

Tell you all the truth - I like the covers of some of these tunes coming out of all of you more than the originals (never was a Springsteen fan, but really liked that). T-Sal, there's something Tom Petty-ish in your playing... you got a sound, a good sound. Nice stuff. (PS - nice camera angle, good to see there's a person connected to those arms :) and envy invoking bird in the background you got there ; )

Thank ye gents - much appreciated! PS I love TP....

We actually played this in a bar Friday night for the first time. My buddy did harp solos as well. I think it was our best song by far. Crowd loved it.

We started out a bass player, cajon, and Mike and I. By the end of the night we had six folks on stage with us singing and jamming. At midnight one older gent (maybe 70ish) walked up and asked if he could sing a song, and if we knew Joe Cocker's Feelin Alright. Magic ensued. I wish I had a video. The gent was fantastic.... He was a musical dynamo that came out of nowhere. The best kind of surprise.

Thank ye gents - much appreciated! PS I love TP....

We actually played this in a bar Friday night for the first time. My buddy did harp solos as well. I think it was our best song by far. Crowd loved it.

We started out a bass player, cajon, and Mike and I. By the end of the night we had six folks on stage with us singing and jamming. At midnight one older gent (maybe 70ish) walked up and asked if he could sing a song, and if we knew Joe Cocker's Feelin Alright. Magic ensued. I wish I had a video. The gent was fantastic.... He was a musical dynamo that came out of nowhere. The best kind of surprise.

that sounds like a very good night!

Another fine rendition from your tent.

The CW delivers with excellency, , , but isn't quite in tune*, is it. .

The vocal are - they show immaculate pitch and I sure don't hope you use so called auto-tuner.

Not that it sounds like it - important to underline. If this is straight onto tape, you carry a golden gift, , , even under the shower.

*talkin' B-string -

btw. worth noticing you don't give us much high E-string in this tune.

Thanks again...

Em.. no trinkets. Actually pitch on the harmony is flat towards the end. Human. :)

My hearing must be shot... have to tune more accurately. Funny... in a thread on AGF I mentioned that I was frustrated with my hearing. I have several guitars with pickups, with no issues, but my head is turned inside and out and I’m having trouble assessing what’s good plugged in tone at the moment...

Archived