Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat with Vibrola

Yorgle

For your eyes' enjoyment, here's my new-to-me 2015 Wildkat in antique natural finish with a vibrola-style tremolo from my parts drawer. I made the tailpiece from rosewood and shaped it to mimic the shape of the truss rod cover. I'll soon be adding an "E" pickguard emblem to it for a little extra bling. These really are great guitars. After lowering the action at the nut this thing plays really well and looks amazing- the tiger stripe really pops in sunlight.

XPGrSaQ.jpg[/img]

For your eyes' enjoyment, here's my new-to-me 2015 Wildkat in antique natural finish with a vibrola-style tremolo from my parts drawer. I made the tailpiece from rosewood and shaped it to mimic the shape of the truss rod cover. I'll soon be adding an "E" pickguard emblem to it for a little extra bling. These really are great guitars. After lowering the action at the nut this thing plays really well and looks amazing- the tiger stripe really pops in sunlight.

XPGrSaQ.jpg[/img]

Very nice, definitely the right finish.....

Upon examining that photograph , more than a few times, I can't seem to figure out how that thing is actually attached onto that, there. hmm. msp_unsure.gifmellow.gifmsp_huh.gif

The end at the vibrola is held on by some plastic clips that slide underneath the mount for the tremolo. The end at the strap button is obviously held on by the wire- sorta like th tailpiece on a cello or violin. The only permanent modification to the guitar are the screw holes for the tremolo. As you can also see, my Epiphone emblem finally arrived!

SCNFY9T.jpg

Archived