Gibson Brands Forums

Need a Pickguard? HOLTER

MorrisrownSal

Looks right on - something tells me the A Eagle is a keeper ^

Now comes the nervy part : to place it with precision. I'm sure you know the tape-hinges-trick.

Good luck - don't forget to post the result

They dont ship to outside the states

Just in case anyone else got excited as me about ordering one to over this side of the shuck

There is an excellent guard-maker in southern Europe.

Been communicating back'n'forth with him and even got invited down there. A kind and highly well-crafted man

PM me or EA if needed.

Outside this tiny castle

parades a mighty guard

There is one on my guitar too

in case I punch it hard

None my brother. The guitar has a subdued mellow sound like old Dylan, or a Harmony even. The type of playing I do on it is never "driving the top". It is sweet and intimate, and I can't determine a sonic difference before and after. It just looks like I want it to.

I'll do a video later today (I am off work until tomorrow) comparing it to my J50.

None my brother. The guitar has a subdued mellow sound like old Dylan, or a Harmony even. The type of playing I do on it is never "driving the top". It is sweet and intimate, and I can't determine a sonic difference before and after. It just looks like I want it to.

I'll do a video later today (I am off work until tomorrow) comparing it to my J50.

Listened to the clips - sounds really good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two new pickguards on order with Taylor. My question for you folks is this. When removing the old pickguard from a Gibson, is there any deformation (not tan lines) to the finish under the original guard? I am replacing the teardrop on my SCSJ with a batwing, and the teardrop actually slips under the b & e strings whereas the batwings stop near flush with the e string under the sound hole. Don't want to create any issues by doing this swap.

I have two new pickguards on order with Taylor. My question for you folks is this. When removing the old pickguard from a Gibson, is there any deformation (not tan lines) to the finish under the original guard? I am replacing the teardrop on my SCSJ with a batwing, and the teardrop actually slips under the b & e strings whereas the batwings stop near flush with the e string under the sound hole. Don't want to create any issues by doing this swap.

When my J-45 TV lost its guard there was no deformation of any kind - the sunburst was still perfect. There was an ever so slight line in the 9 year old guitar, but you really had to look. tklLVbC.jpg

When my J-45 TV lost its guard there was no deformation of any kind - the sunburst was still perfect. There was an ever so slight line in the 9 year old guitar, but you really had to look.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate it.

Archived