Gibson Brands Forums

My New Track

BluesKing777

BK - super nice... a huge thumbs up from me, two from my wife. (for the record - she keeps saying 'why can't you play more like him... i replied because you've invested more in music equipment)

Regardless - great tune, I was not aware of the original, but it made me think of a version of 'froggy went a courtin' that i believe was by Bob Dylan. Got me to tappin' my toes... appreciate you posting it.

rgds - billroy

BK - super nice... a huge thumbs up from me, two from my wife. (for the record - she keeps saying 'why can't you play more like him... i replied because you've invested more in music equipment)

Regardless - great tune, I was not aware of the original, but it made me think of a version of 'froggy went a courtin' that i believe was by Bob Dylan. Got me to tappin' my toes... appreciate you posting it.

rgds - billroy

Thanks Billroy!

The original version is on John Lennon’s Imagine album and is a rock song with a studio full of famous musos including Nicky Hopkins with a wonderful tinkling piano and George Harrison on Dobro!

But being alone in my cave, I made it a raggy solo fingerpicking blues ala M. John Hurt with a dash of Frank Stokes while keeping the lyrics/melody line......

BluesKing777.

Archived