Gibson Brands Forums

acoustic rock drum samples

Roach

Where is the best place to download free acoustic rock drum samples where I do not have to sift through 1000's of sounds that are not.

I am specifically looking for anything close to a DW set, (maple, deep, powerful) with sabian cymbals or zildjian. and a snare that dont sound like it should be named after a pig.

I just used to import the sound to guitar tracks pro 3.0 and place them where i want them and make some real drummer sounding work, destroyed master boot record on that hard drive. msp_cursing.gif

I use a BOSS Doctor Rhythm 880, DR-880. I write/program an entire song, use whatever set I want or create, left and right out direct to 24 track. I only used "tracks" for a short time, couldn't deal with hardware and software issues constantly. The Machine does what I want. Might be worth a try if you want to write and record by yourself.

Good luck with it. Recording and relying on yourself is a lot of fun.

rct

I use a BOSS Doctor Rhythm 880, DR-880. I write/program an entire song, use whatever set I want or create, left and right out direct to 24 track. I only used "tracks" for a short time, couldn't deal with hardware and software issues constantly. The Machine does what I want. Might be worth a try if you want to write and record by yourself.

Good luck with it. Recording and relying on yourself is a lot of fun.

rct

Thanks dr880 not for me, its way too limited and i have heard those drum sounds. Glad you commented though for sure thanks. With my daw , i can put in any sound at any beat up to 32nd triplets, (maybe 64ths), customizing every drum fill the way i would play it, (if i was Neil himself), with unlimited measures. Can program an infinite drum solo if i wanted to take the time to do it. There really are no limits. I usually don't finalize any drum parts until after the song is structured, but I do want sounds like a real acoustic (maple) drumset.

Archived