Gibson Brands Forums: CMD Studio 2a Light issues - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CMD Studio 2a Light issues buttons work but no lights

#1 User is offline   DJRick 

• Group: All Access

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:01 AM

I recently installed the script to get my cmd studio 2a controller to work with Deckadance 2 LE, however the lights don't work. I tried to use a fix that was posted in the forum, however the links posted don't work (see below). If there are new links i could use please share thanks

Hi Martin,

We have noticed that some CMD 2A controllers have a firmware problem and they don't receive MIDI messages by channel 1 (...this is usually the cause of LEDs not working because DD sent MIDI output messages via channel 1). The fix is relatively easy:

1. Download the utility program CMD CHANNEL CHANGER:

for MAC.

for WINDOWS.

2. Follow the instructions of this web page: https://musicgroup-p...D_Controller%3F

#2 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

I found the cmdchchanger file at this site https://www.musictri...P0AVW/downloads, it appears you download and then run and it allows you to change controller port, which i think default is one which is the issue, not sure but will try once home

#3 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

Yes, that's the official download website from Behringer. Let me know if you can fix the problem with the command changer application.

#4 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 03 April 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Yes, that's the official download website from Behringer. Let me know if you can fix the problem with the command changer application.

This didn't work, actually had to reinstall program from scratch after trying all channels. now can't get sound through headphones. this program is so troublesome. Opened up other software and all function automatically detect and work, sound and functions no issues. I will continue to play around with this

#5 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:50 AM

Check the following screenshots of the MIDI and AUDIO configuration setup windows for the CMD4A. Yours should be very similar (...CMD2A name in your case).
Attached File  CMD4A_Audio_settings.jpg (74.74K)
Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  CMD4A_MIDI_settings.png (53.26K)
Number of downloads: 7

#6 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 04 April 2018 - 03:50 AM, said:

Check the following screenshots of the MIDI and AUDIO configuration setup windows for the CMD4A. Yours should be very similar (...CMD2A name in your case).
Attachment CMD4A_Audio_settings.jpg
Attachment CMD4A_MIDI_settings.png

When i use the ASIO option there is no option to select studio 2a only when i choose Windows option do i get to choose device, but my midi options and audio option are setup up as in the diagram and it was working, just the lights on controller weren't. maybe i need to install the driver that came with software because Win10 did its own setup

#7 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

View PostDJRick, on 04 April 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

When i use the ASIO option there is no option to select studio 2a only when i choose Windows option do i get to choose device, but my midi options and audio option are setup up as in the diagram and it was working, just the lights on controller weren't. maybe i need to install the driver that came with software because Win10 did its own setup

installed cmd studio driver from site and tried those settings provide no difference, no sound through head phones and only through left monitor

#8 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostDJRick, on 04 April 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

installed cmd studio driver from site and tried those settings provide no difference, no sound through head phones and only through left monitor

ran cmd channel changer and i have sound and lights on controller, just no sound in one of the head phones so i'm making headway

#9 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

View PostDJRick, on 04 April 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

ran cmd channel changer and i have sound and lights on controller, just no sound in one of the head phones so i'm making headway

after almost getting everything to work, i found out this version doesn't even allow you to record, which makes it worthless other than having software to practice on :( dissappointing

#10 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostDJRick, on 05 April 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

after almost getting everything to work, i found out this version doesn't even allow you to record, which makes it worthless other than having software to practice on :( dissappointing

Is there any resolution for the Deckadance 2 le version that doesn't allow you to record?? Now I will have to spend money on other software package

#11 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

View PostDJRick, on 06 April 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Is there any resolution for the Deckadance 2 le version that doesn't allow you to record?? Now I will have to spend money on other software package

Not sure what you mean but the LE edition doesn't allow you to record the main output... this doesn't mean that you couldn't use any third party program to record it. Please take into account that LE is a free edition (free beer) included with the Behringer controller, we don't get any cent from it. As as free edition I think that the number of features that you get is fair enough.

#12 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 06 April 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Not sure what you mean but the LE edition doesn't allow you to record the main output... this doesn't mean that you couldn't use any third party program to record it. Please take into account that LE is a free edition (free beer) included with the Behringer controller, we don't get any cent from it. As as free edition I think that the number of features that you get is fair enough.

do you have any suggestions for 3rd party software i might use??? i'm very new to all this and appreciate your assistance

#13 User is offline   DJRick 

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

View PostDJRick, on 06 April 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

do you have any suggestions for 3rd party software i might use??? i'm very new to all this and appreciate your assistance

Thx I grabbed Protools, looks like this should work for me

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users