Gibson Brands Forums

$5000 - what would you buy

uncle fester

I'm thinking I'll take a shot here and have 4K change.

What's 'morado' again?

https://reverb.com/i...itar-w-ohc-j-50

Morado, a totally acceptable, more sustainable close relative of rosewood. Works just fine.

As far as the headstock repaired one in the Reverb link- the seller is a good bit optimistic; an original example would only hope to fetch as much.

I do love the WM-45's, especially the satin-finished ones- they're light, have no electronics, UST, etc., with the understated simplicity of a D-18, with the J-45 sound and feel. I also am still gassed over the 12 fret J-45, though.

I have the close cousin of the NB, my 2002 Martin OM18V...same guitar and V neck but 14 frets...wonderful guitar and possibly more easy to find that the NB.

My favourite Martin. Dearly wish I hadn’t let my 2004 go.

My favourite Martin. Dearly wish I hadn’t let my 2004 go.

Note to staff!

Change the strings on the OM18V! 80/20s don’t work. Maybe think about a K&K pickup.....? I haven’t done any of this because a couple of years back, I bought the super duper OM18 Authentic and assumed I would sell the V. But it stands on its own 2 feet if you know what I mean.

BluesKing777.

I personally would buy a 1935 ADVANCED JUMBO REISSUE, AND PUT THE OTHER $1300 in my wallet and buy lottery tickets if I had Your luck. I think that the '35 Reissue is a special piece, copied off of a beautiful 1935 Advanced Jumbo Prototype. I have a friend in Bozeman who has played tons of Bozeman Gibsons. He said, at least the one that they gave him to test, had a tone unlike any other Bozeman Acoustic he had ever tried. But, I'm a huge AJ fan. The friend that I speak of knows well what he's comparing it to. And that includes just about every model that Bozeman has made.

If I had no guitars, and wanted the best I could get in today's market.

Early 30s L-00, L-0, or L-1

1950-1955 D-18

Pre 1965 D-21

That pre '65 D-21 calls to me in a seductive manner, but - alas - the $5000 eludes me!

Likely this Marco Bortolozzo. Its a reproduction of the Segovia Hauser. I don't have a quality nylon model.

http://www.kentguita...zzo-2014-hauser

Bortolozzo-Hauser-48-Front-350x466.jpg

I've been re-appraising over the last year or so and have included more 'bare fingerstyle' playing in my set....

Resulting in the acquisition of IMO 2 superb Taylor nylon stringers.....a 200 and a 400 series

V

:-({|=

Archived