• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bonjour from Paris!

#1 User is offline   Buc McMaster 

• Follow your joy, grasshopper.
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationTexas!

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Just a quick check in from the Seine on a Viking river boat! Headed down the river for 6 day to visit the Normandy beaches and all points in between. See ya next week!
J35 - J45 Vintage
Knowin' where you're goin' is mostly knowin' where you have been.

#2 User is offline   merciful-evans 

• upstanding member
  • LocationPortsmouth UK

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

Sounds great.

Bon Voyage [thumbup]
I sometimes think; therefore I am intermittent
my band BLOWN OUT

#3 User is offline   ThemisSal 

• Ordinary Member

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

Be very wary of French Taunters!

#4 User is offline   Mafy31 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

View PostBuc McMaster, on 05 April 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Just a quick check in from the Seine on a Viking river boat! Headed down the river for 6 day to visit the Normandy beaches and all points in between. See ya next week!

Nice i'm from Normandy (Caen). Lived over 20 years there.
Hope you'll have a blast and fine weather, dont forget of course Deauville, Honfleur, Omaha beach, and west with Mt St Michel etc. Classics.

This post has been edited by Mafy31: 05 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

#5 User is offline   D-28 

• 21st Century Schizoid Man
  • LocationUS And A

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

Bonjour. Ca va. Sorry I can't type the curly Q under the C with an English language keyboard.

#6 User is offline   flatbaroque 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Sacre Bleu! Check out Le Shoppe Custome Gibson. They have some new Humming Oiseau models. Cooked tops. Torrification process involves a little garlic and butter.

#7 User is offline   BluesKing777 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

Ooh, nice for some!

Have a great trip!

BluesKing777....green with envy.

#8 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

I love Paris in the springtime...

#9 User is offline   flatbaroque 

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

View Postj45nick, on 05 April 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

I love Paris in the springtime...

#10 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:58 PM

View Postflatbaroque, on 05 April 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Exactly what I was thinking about!

#11 User is offline   OldCowboy 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

Outstanding, Buc! Wine, French ladies, and American guitars. The third item will save you from complete degeneracy
(MAYBE😂)! Enjoy!

#12 User is offline   bayoubengal1954 

• Professional Journeyman Singer/Songwriter
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:36 AM

Yeah Yuh!
1974 Martin D-28
"Frankenstein" 1948 Gibson J-50 Body/1938 L-00 Neck
1945 Epiphone Triumph Archtop
2008 Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
2013 Martin 00-DB Jeff Tweedy
2010 Larrivee Forum IV (00 All Mahogany 12 Fretter))
1972 Guild Killdeer F112-6 Part Deux (Name Created by adorshki on LTG)
2016 Halcyon NL-00 Lutz/Walnut

#13 User is offline   EuroAussie 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:27 AM

Just dont lay into the waiters when they start getting a bit snotty towards your big Texan draaawl .. have fun.

The Big Fat Lady 02' Gibson J-150
The Squares 11' Hummingbird TV, 08' Dove
The Slopeys 11' Gibson SJ (Aaron Lewis), 02' AJ
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
The Lonely Electric: 95' Les Paul

What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnat...oubleshotprague

#14 User is offline   QuestionMark 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:33 AM

Let us know if you check out any music stores or come across any hometown musicians while there...what they are like, what music they play...

Enjoy your vacation and hope you come across some images to work into your songwriting!

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

#15 User is offline   ThemisSal 

• Ordinary Member

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

View PostEuroAussie, on 06 April 2018 - 04:27 AM, said:

Just dont lay into the waiters when they start getting a bit snotty towards your big Texan draaawl .. have fun.

Make sure you order Kendall Jackson Rose wine, and be sure to order Freedom Fries with American Cheese melted on the top. They love that!

This post has been edited by ThemisSal: 06 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

#16 User is offline   dhanners623 

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:56 AM

You took a guitar, right?
Check out my latest record, There Are No Secrets in This Town, by going to https://davidhannersmusic.com. Thanks!

#17 User is offline   Murph 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 April 2018 - 04:35 AM

"And them Frenchie eyes, they were eyein' a prize, some people call manly footwear......."

#18 User is offline   Hogeye 

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

View PostQuestionMark, on 06 April 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Let us know if you check out any music stores or come across any hometown musicians while there...what they are like, what music they play...

Enjoy your vacation and hope you come across some images to work into your songwriting!

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Many years ago Gibson used distributors to sell guitars in France and the rest of Europe. The French distributor sent several of their sales reps to do a tour of the Gibson facilities. They came to Bozeman and they were great guys and gals. All 9 of them. We stayed at a local resort and we brought guitars. The French know how to play and sing the blues. They were great players and their vocals were amazing as they completely lost their heavy French accents and sounded just like American blues players and singers. We were playing at a local college hang-out that week-end and they jammed in with us onstage.

A couple of months later I was doing a tour of the European distributors and several of the French guys had their own bands and invited me to sit in with them. I can tell you all that the level of music is phenomenal. Fine guitar players one and all and their hospitality was amazing. When they found out I had two uncles buried there they took me out and found their graves.

I had the pleasure of visiting many of the fine guitar shops and they were all very warm and inviting folks. I ate in many homes and got to sit in with quite a few bands. They all love the blues and they are all amazing players. My favorite was a guy in Paris who played the harmonica. He didn't really play harmonica he just hummed(sort of) harmonica sounds. You would never know he didn't use a harp. Two of the reps actually came over to the U.S. several times and played at the Handy awards. Very fine players.

They thing they liked about visiting Montana were all the pick-up trucks and the fact that we had horses and a firing range. They couldn't get over the fact that most of the Gibson/Montana folks drove pickup trucks to work and all had gun racks. I took them to the local rod and gun club where I am an instructor. We had a great time.

#19 User is offline   D-28 

• 21st Century Schizoid Man
  • LocationUS And A

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

View PostHogeye, on 07 April 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Many years ago Gibson used distributors to sell guitars in France and the rest of Europe. The French distributor sent several of their sales reps to do a tour of the Gibson facilities. They came to Bozeman and they were great guys and gals. All 9 of them. We stayed at a local resort and we brought guitars. The French know how to play and sing the blues. They were great players and their vocals were amazing as they completely lost their heavy French accents and sounded just like American blues players and singers. We were playing at a local college hang-out that week-end and they jammed in with us onstage.

A couple of months later I was doing a tour of the European distributors and several of the French guys had their own bands and invited me to sit in with them. I can tell you all that the level of music is phenomenal. Fine guitar players one and all and their hospitality was amazing. When they found out I had two uncles buried there they took me out and found their graves.

I had the pleasure of visiting many of the fine guitar shops and they were all very warm and inviting folks. I ate in many homes and got to sit in with quite a few bands. They all love the blues and they are all amazing players. My favorite was a guy in Paris who played the harmonica. He didn't really play harmonica he just hummed(sort of) harmonica sounds. You would never know he didn't use a harp. Two of the reps actually came over to the U.S. several times and played at the Handy awards. Very fine players.

They thing they liked about visiting Montana were all the pick-up trucks and the fact that we had horses and a firing range. They couldn't get over the fact that most of the Gibson/Montana folks drove pickup trucks to work and all had gun racks. I took them to the local rod and gun club where I am an instructor. We had a great time.

[thumbup]

#20 User is online   E-minor7 

• Winger

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

View PostBuc McMaster, on 05 April 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Utah - Omaha - Gold - Juno - Sword, , , , are words I carry like a poem in my head.
Would like to visit them for sure. Closest I ever got was the dunes of Dunkirk.
But I played the streets of Paris in my absolutely young days. Lots of buskers and entertainers around so it was hard to find a spot.
The under-surface-tunnel between Champs-Élysées and Arc de Triomphe however turned out to be an ideal place. People there were tourists, they had time and Franc.

Made the wheels spin.

Enjoy the C au lait, , , and don't forget to check the Gibson scene.

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues - you can tell from the way she smiles"

You just can't keep coincidences down. .
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users