Gibson Brands Forums

miss the song posts

uncle fester

Might not have been the original intent of the forum, but I do miss everyone's song posts. Gibson or not, always heard quality guitars, a person's style, expanded my knowledgebase... and just made for a good opportunity for good will. Too bad it rubs some folks the wrong way.

Might not have been the original intent of the forum, but I do miss everyone's song posts. Gibson or not, always heard quality guitars, a person's style, expanded my knowledge base... and just made for a good opportunity for goodwill. Too bad it rubs some folks the wrong way.

I look at it from the point of view being, "If you take the time and the effort to record something, then I will give you the time of listening to it."

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m still waiting to hear Miss Piggy’s masterclass track posting.

So far, nothing but hot air.

And no important insider Gibson information .....zip on all fronts.

No info, no song post and probably no Gibson sales as he has scared everyone off. Correct me if I am wrong. Porks?

BluesKing777.

I’m planning to post some more music soon. I’ve been asked by a few folks at gigs to do some YouTube reviews of my guitars so I’m planning to do that and share them soon.

If anyone has a problem with music posts, I suggest they don’t click the link-whining about it is no different to sitting through a two hour TV movie and complaining about it the whole time. If you don’t like it, change the channel!

Thanks all I look forward to everyone's posts. Jinder, if you do post something to you tube, please let us know - I've unsuccessfully been looking for clips of your music. I've read a couple of good reviews of your album 'Kingsize Blackfoot' and really interested in hearing a sample. Need to hear how someone from your side of the pond interprets American Roots music:) Murph - would love to hear what you come up with, you've got an energy I appreciate...

BK - imho, whether anyone posts or not should be something of the past - and not worth spending any more energy on. In the words of the great Taylor Swift (again - I've got kids...) 'shake it off - while you're spending time agonizing about that last diss - you're missing out on looking to the future and enjoying this sick beat' (paraphrased)

...ooops gotta run 'we've got a tea society meeting ; )

Might not have been the original intent of the forum, but I do miss everyone's song posts. Gibson or not, always heard quality guitars, a person's style, expanded my knowledgebase... and just made for a good opportunity for good will. Too bad it rubs some folks the wrong way.

Thanks for starting up that conflict yet again.

Did you expect it would somehow get resolved this time?

Thanks all I look forward to everyone's posts. Jinder, if you do post something to you tube, please let us know - I've unsuccessfully been looking for clips of your music. I've read a couple of good reviews of your album 'Kingsize Blackfoot' and really interested in hearing a sample. Need to hear how someone from your side of the pond interprets American Roots music:) Murph - would love to hear what you come up with, you've got an energy I appreciate...

BK - imho, whether anyone posts or not should be something of the past - and not worth spending any more energy on. In the words of the great Taylor Swift (again - I've got kids...) 'shake it off - while you're spending time agonizing about that last diss - you're missing out on looking to the future and enjoying this sick beat' (paraphrased)

Yes, all very nicey nice, Billroy, but while I don’t give a toss what the poison toad said about myself, I am upset that he was incredibly rude to my forum friend FB (FlatBaroque), called him out to post a track of his good self...and have nothing but ...hot air..coming back.

Unless the moderators ban the idiot, your turn is coming.

BluesKing777.

Hi Billroy, I have several bits on YouTube but nothing from the new record-if you have Spotify or any of the other streaming services it’s there, just search for Jinder and you’ll find my entire motley output!

Call me crazy for coming back for more but am I the only one who sees the "Post your stuff here" site? Wouldn't that be the PERFECT place to post and look for original music by forum members? Why is this so difficult?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m still waiting to hear Miss Piggy’s masterclass track posting.

So far, nothing but hot air.

And no important insider Gibson information .....zip on all fronts.

No info, no song post and probably no Gibson sales as he has scared everyone off. Correct me if I am wrong. Porks?

BluesKing777.

Dim.

Didn't know you had to be a successful movie director to be a film critic

"Piggy"?

"Porks"?

Name calling- always a classy response

Call me crazy for coming back for more but am I the only one who sees the "Post your stuff here" site? Wouldn't that be the PERFECT place to post and look for original music by forum members? Why is this so difficult?

Nobody goes there.

Is that a version of the Yogi Berra quote -"Nobody goes there any more-it's too crowded?"

Yeah, it's a traffic thing. There are 28 separate places to put postings here on the Gibson Brands Forums. The Lounge gets the most traffic.

Nobody goes there.

Yup. The problem with that "Post Your Acoustic Performances Here" thread is, there are no subthreads. I stopped posting there because it is like throwing your work down a deep, dark well... helloooooo....oooo... ooo...

I've posted some of my YouTube videos here as stand-alone threads to get feedback. I can easily spend days and weeks on some recordings, mixing and remixing and then putting together an audio-synced YouTube video and it is discouraging when you get cricket chirps in return. I keep reminding myself that I do all this for my own enjoyment.

Yup. The problem with that "Post Your Acoustic Performances Here" thread is, there are no subthreads. I stopped posting there because it is like throwing your work down a deep, dark well... helloooooo....oooo... ooo...

You know, you may have found something that could really improve the performance section. Never could quite put my finger on it. A simple change in format like that might really help.

You know, you may have found something that could really improve the performance section. Never could quite put my finger on it. A simple change in format like that might really help.

As well; maybe refreshing the site and deleting old entries after a certain length of time would keep it more up-to-date. It seems like an afterthought as opposed to a vibrant drop-in "Coffee House" scenario. It could become the site to keep up with.

Maybe we just need another 'forum' and not a 'Pinned Thread'. The other forums do not seem to have anywhere the number of performance posts the Acoustic Forum does. Maybe the Electric Guys would come out of their shell if there was an inviting, inclusive Forum for performances.

Archived