Gibson Brands Forums

On a Gibson, about a Gibson, praising a Gibson

Lars68

Here is a song played on a Gibson guitar, with lyrics about a Gibson guitar, praising a Gibson guitar. That is about as much Gibson I can get into one post.

Well, I’m off to get my flak safe helmet out now...

Lars

Here is a song played on a Gibson guitar, with lyrics about a Gibson guitar, praising a Gibson guitar. That is about as much Gibson I can get into one post.

Well, I’m off to get my flak safe helmet out now...

Lars

Lovely work, really liked the juxtaposition between the subject and the cause of the creation thereof (not wanting to give the plot away to anyone yet to listen!). Enjoyed the performance too, the more I hear your music the more it reminds me a little of Skip Spence.

Lovely work, really liked the juxtaposition between the subject and the cause of the creation thereof (not wanting to give the plot away to anyone yet to listen!). Enjoyed the performance too, the more I hear your music the more it reminds me a little of Skip Spence.

You mean the guy who played drums with the Airplane and then went on to Moby Grape?

Airplane had two drummers with similar names: first, Skip Spence, later guitar with Moby Grape. Second was Spencer Dryden, later drums with New Riders of the Purple Sage.

It's a complicated world, at times...

The backing vocals are a real cool addition and make the song Lars.

Yes, it is the lovely lady living next door to me who is singing. She is a lot more talented than I, and she helps me out from time to time.

Lars

Appreciate the kind words! Skip Spence is a new name to me, will have to check that out.

Lars

Archived