Gibson Brands Forums: Quick tip on tuning issues on 2015 ES-Les Paul - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quick tip on tuning issues on 2015 ES-Les Paul

#1 User is offline   Djhblues 

• Group: All Access
  • LocationMacomb, MI

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Just a tip on the 2015 ES-Les Paul. When I first got the guitar, I was getting a buzzing on some strings down at the bridge (TonePro AVR II). It was really bugging me but to improve a bit as the guitar warmed up. It looked to be a common problem when I researched it. I finally found a solution on Youtube, which some of you are probably aware of but I thought I would share it. On the TonePro Bridge, there is a small set screw on either side of the bridge below the saddle on string 1 and 6. I found that they were loose. Once I tightened them, ran some graphite on the nut, the issue was resolved. Hope that helps someone out there.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   JimB1 

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for that info. Mine is missing one of the set screws. I have to see if I can find a replacement set screw for one side...-Jim
  • 2015 Gibson J-45
  • 2012 Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Ltd Les Paul Goldtop
  • 2015 Gibson ES Les Paul Bourbon Burst

#3 User is offline   JimB1 

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:04 AM

Dropped an email to Gibson Monday about the set screw just asking where I could get them and they replied yesterday that they are going to send two out to me! Great customer support Posted Image-Jim
  • 2015 Gibson J-45

#4 User is offline   merciful-evans 

• upstanding member
  • LocationPortsmouth UK

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

I didnt know about those screws. Cheers for posting. Useful info!
I sometimes think; therefore I am intermittent
my band BLOWN OUT

#5 User is offline   Djhblues 

• LocationMacomb, MI

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

Glad that worked out. I was racking my brains why I got that tinking sound. Not noticeable when plugged in but very annoying acoustically. No problems since I found the fix. I see you have the same model as myself. How do you like it?

#6 User is offline   JimB1 

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:43 AM

I really like the ES Les Paul shape and the Burbon Burst is really beautiful. When I first got it I just stared at it for a while because the flaming in the wood just looks amazing. The MHS pickups are very sweet too. I play a lot of older blues stuff and they sound really spot on for that. I still want a 335 or 355 just because they are cool but this does a pretty decent job emulating both a standard LP and a larger hollow body. Though a 335 size has a little something extra that the smaller body doesnít to the tone. I hear a difference but canít quite put it in words. Thereís a good video out there by Andertonís UK that they do a blindfold compare of the 335, 339, and Es LP with and without f holes and even though iPad speakers you can hear there is a difference.
https://youtu.be/jxfZ2mF2b_s
Good luck with yours, I think itís a great guitar. I am not sure Gibson is going to make them any more with the current issues and downsizing, they may focus on more traditional models so who knows might be a rare model in a few years.
-Jim
  • 2015 Gibson J-45

#7 User is offline   Grog 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

The center block in the ES Les Paul is mahogany like a solid Les Paul. The center block in all normal ES models is maple. That might be part of the difference in sound.

This post has been edited by Grog: 17 May 2018 - 07:46 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users