Gibson Brands Forums

Quick tip on tuning issues on 2015 ES-Les Paul

Djhblues

Just a tip on the 2015 ES-Les Paul. When I first got the guitar, I was getting a buzzing on some strings down at the bridge (TonePro AVR II). It was really bugging me but to improve a bit as the guitar warmed up. It looked to be a common problem when I researched it. I finally found a solution on Youtube, which some of you are probably aware of but I thought I would share it. On the TonePro Bridge, there is a small set screw on either side of the bridge below the saddle on string 1 and 6. I found that they were loose. Once I tightened them, ran some graphite on the nut, the issue was resolved. Hope that helps someone out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped an email to Gibson Monday about the set screw just asking where I could get them and they replied yesterday that they are going to send two out to me! Great customer support msp_thumbup.gif-Jim

Glad that worked out. I was racking my brains why I got that tinking sound. Not noticeable when plugged in but very annoying acoustically. No problems since I found the fix. I see you have the same model as myself. How do you like it?

I really like the ES Les Paul shape and the Burbon Burst is really beautiful. When I first got it I just stared at it for a while because the flaming in the wood just looks amazing. The MHS pickups are very sweet too. I play a lot of older blues stuff and they sound really spot on for that. I still want a 335 or 355 just because they are cool but this does a pretty decent job emulating both a standard LP and a larger hollow body. Though a 335 size has a little something extra that the smaller body doesn’t to the tone. I hear a difference but can’t quite put it in words. There’s a good video out there by Anderton’s UK that they do a blindfold compare of the 335, 339, and Es LP with and without f holes and even though iPad speakers you can hear there is a difference.

Good luck with yours, I think it’s a great guitar. I am not sure Gibson is going to make them any more with the current issues and downsizing, they may focus on more traditional models so who knows might be a rare model in a few years.

-Jim

The center block in the ES Les Paul is mahogany like a solid Les Paul. The center block in all normal ES models is maple. That might be part of the difference in sound.

Archived