Gibson Brands Forums

David Crosby Is A Moron....

Murph

Haha

What a ganch

I'm sure know where he was coming from but he didn't think that through did he

His brain is blamange sure isn't it

I can't recall the details of what I've read of his storied past - but I think he's trying to get back with his two bandmates and they are not returning his calls. The drugs and booze apparently made him less lovable! Even his Liver Transplant cause many to dislike him. The reason being - he got a liver that might have gone to someone who hadn't destroyed their's on purpose. Classic example of a person with talent using it to push an agenda. Someone needs to kick his soapbox out from under him.

I never have an issue with a celebrity pushing their own [political] agenda, perhaps as I have never attributed any special weighting to anyone's specific opinions. We are all human beings, and all have an equal opinion. I have never looked to any celebrity for my moral compass, or to be "my voice".

Anyhow, Crosby, Bruce, fill-in-the-blank have always made me appreciate Bob Dylan's insistence on his not being anyone's voice... and laying low on the soapbox front. If he has/had something to say, his music did it.

Really sad. He’s made some of my favourite music ever, but is undeniably a gigantic a**hole. Being a butthat behind closed doors is one thing, but gloating over someone being burned to death on social media is a real junk move.

Really sad. He’s made some of my favourite music ever, but is undeniably a gigantic a**hole. Being a butthat behind closed doors is one thing, but gloating over someone being burned to death on social media is a real junk move.

You can't assume Crosby knew someone had died in the fire when he tweeted that. Not excusing him in any way: he has a history of shooting from the hip and sticking his foot firmly in his mouth.

I take anything in the NY Post about as seriously as I take the National Enquirer. NY Post is another Rupert Murdoch News Corp property, after all.

You can't assume Crosby knew someone had died in the fire when he tweeted that. Not excusing him in any way: he has a history of shooting from the hip and sticking his foot firmly in his mouth.

I take anything in the NY Post about as seriously as I take the National Enquirer. NY Post is another Rupert Murdoch News Corp property, after all.

Yes I think this is the case

I’m fairly sure he wasn’t glad someone was in danger in the place.

Yes I think this is the case

Im fairly sure he wasnt glad someone was in danger in the place.

It might also be pointed out that this particular building has no automatic fire sprinkler system on the upper residential floors. The building pre-dates that requirement in NYC, and the owner of the building lobbied against proposed local ordinances that would have required that older buildings be retrofitted with sprinklers, saying it would be too costly.

Would you want to live on the 50th floor of a high rise with no sprinkler system in the apartments?

Incidentally, the guy who died in the fire was apparently a collector of vintage guitars, amplifiers, and ukuleles. According to the NY Times, some 100 vintage electric guitars, 40 vintage amplifiers dating to the 1930's, and 150 ukuleles were kept in the apartment, which was pretty much gutted in the fire.

It's pretty sad all around. Crosby's comments were inexcusable, but not totally unexpected. You might say the same thing about the lack of a sprinkler system.

The guy seems to think that he has the exclusive rights to the truth...snarking on about Neil's choice of romantic partner (Daryl Hannah)thereby messing up years of harmony(intended) among old friends.You need look no further than "Almost Cut My Hair" to realize how profound he really is.Oracle of the obvious but,really, no oracle at all.

if any one has ever sat down and wasted precious time, watching any of this twats rantings, you'd know that what ever comes out of his mouth, is rubbish.

Crosby and Keith Richards should buy a boat together and just sail off into the sunset.

It was reported in other places as well - LA Times. Point is, in a residential skyscraper with a major blaze where people above the blaze are trapped - Crosby went on record hoping the fire would continue to spread.

No, he didn't specifically gloat over the death. Or the injured firemen. But sometimes the media reports actual facts.

It was reported in other places as well - LA Times. Point is, in a residential skyscraper with a major blaze where people above the blaze are trapped - Crosby went on record hoping the fire would continue to spread.

No, he didn't specifically gloat over the death. Or the injured firemen. But sometimes the media reports actual facts.

It's a classic case of "engage brain before opening mouth." That has never been a Crosby strong suit.

Incidentally, the guy who died in the fire was apparently a collector of vintage guitars, amplifiers, an ukuleles. According to the NY Times, some 100 vintage electric guitars, 40 vintage amplifiers dating to the 1930's, and 150 ukuleles were kept in the apartment, which was pretty much gutted in the fire.

I have a feeling of deja vu. I dont know why...

You’re right, Nick-I perhaps could have chosen my words a little better. I just find it a disturbing lapse of judgement for him to be so gleeful about a fire in a staffed and populated building. He knew lives were at risk, and to gloat about an incident like that due to political opinion is bleak and classless, certainly beneath an artist of his calibre.

You’re right, Nick-I perhaps could have chosen my words a little better. I just find it a disturbing lapse of judgement for him to be so gleeful about a fire in a staffed and populated building. He knew lives were at risk, and to gloat about an incident like that due to political opinion is bleak and classless, certainly beneath an artist of his calibre.

Lapses in judgment due to political opinions are all too common in the US today. We're not alone in that regard.

I'll just go back to the music...

certainly beneath an artist of his calibre.

That aside......... Does not afford him any more luxury than you or I. puts his pants on one leg at a time, just like you do.

We are all humans before we are anything else. Putting political ideals ahead of concern for human suffering a loss is deplorable.

Seems to be a trend the liberal left has taken a shine to lately. Crosby is not the only one to exhibit this kind of behavior.

classless trolls.... this kind of crap disgusts me.,,,

Lapses in judgment due to political opinions are all too common in the US today. We're not alone in that regard.

I'll just go back to the music...

And in the UK, too...I agree about going back to the music. I’ve never been one to mix politics and music. I spent four years as tour manager to Billy Bragg, and whilst the music/politics crossover has been catalytic in the longevity of his career, my work with BB (who is a lovely human being and I mean no disrespect towards whatsoever) just served to reinforce my personal preference for keeping the political and poetical very much separate.

The NYPost is notorious for being aggressively pro-Trump. There's nothing to indicate that Crosby knew about the death or injuries when he tweeted. And let's face it, if you want to get excited about people who tweet irresponsible things, you can start at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

I noticed that when Ted Nugent said the other day that Democrats should be shot "like coyotes" just because they are, well, Democrats, it didn't merit coverage in the NYPost. The NYPost is pretty selective in its outrage.

Archived