Gibson Brands Forums

J45 all walnut

Mr. Paul

Two things. No, three things.

1) That is a very good sounding guitar. Walnut top, who'dathunk?

2) That guy - Grant?- is better at the acoustic demo than always on fire Greg K, me thinks

3) Does the contrast of the tort guard throw anybody else a bit side ways ?

Two things. No, three things.

1) That is a very good sounding guitar. Walnut top, who'dathunk?

2) That guy - Grant?- is better at the acoustic demo than always on fire Greg K, me thinks

3) Does the contrast of the tort guard throw anybody else a bit side ways ?

Yes

Yes

Yes

I've been a fan of walnut since I discovered my '79 SG sitting in a music store back around '93. It was NOS and I knew the old dude that owned the store, but didn't know he had that SG. His wife sold it to me after he died.

That's one of the reasons I was interested in the J-15.

Carvin used to do some nice walnut electrics also, guess they still do under the new name.

That's a beauty.

Up until this video, I'd dismissed all walnut guitars as an anomaly. Now, I'm seriously drooling.

But in the interest of beating down rising GAS,,, fortunately, I don't play nearly that well, so I know it wouldn't sound quite that good!

My old J45 is going nowhere but this is the first time I've ever considered selling my Santa Cruz VS. Could I like this guitar possibly better than my VS? Considering a road trip to Wildwood on Thursday.

Agreed that the pickguard color is a bit off.

Looking around at the 4 at Wildwood and the others listed online it's remarkable the variation of the walnut.

While Wildwood's new demos are a bit less entertaining they are very much more informative as the new team of Brian, Ross Martin and this fellow Chris are displaying the guitar rather than their own proficiency and style.

I kind of have it bad with this one, what a guitar. The sound, look of all walnut (including the fretboard), the herringbone kicker ...

My old J45 is going nowhere but this is the first time I've ever considered selling my Santa Cruz VS. Could I like this guitar possibly better than my VS? Considering a road trip to Wildwood on Thursday.

Agreed that the pickguard color is a bit off.

Looking around at the 4 at Wildwood and the others listed online it's remarkable the variation of the walnut.

While Wildwood's new demos are a bit less entertaining they are very much more informative as the new team of Brian, Ross Martin and this fellow Chris are displaying the guitar rather than their own proficiency and style.

I kind of have it bad with this one, what a guitar. The sound, look of all walnut (including the fretboard), the herringbone kicker ...

Smitten

Go get it

Ya'll have no sympathy for us Old School folks.

You must be one of those trolls Henry warned me about😖

Kidding aside, this was the first Gibson RW I bought in search of the perfect Gibson RW for me. It did not stay very long. I wound up trading it in on a J200 RW that’s still here. I think when I got the Stage Deluxe RW, it satisfied my search.

Archived