Gibson Brands Forums

Lee Malia RD Artisan

Megafrog

I have gone and done it. I have ordered guitar number 100. My wife will kill me but oh well. . .

The next guitar coming my is a Lee Malia RD Artisan that I have ordered from Guitar Center. I have high hopes for this guitar. My objective is to do a shootout video comparing a 2018 Gibson RD Artist to the hopefully soon to be delivered Epiphone. I really am optimistic that the quality will be very nice on the Epi and want to see if it is on par with the Gibson or who knows, maybe superior.

Has anyone out there played one of the Malia RD Artisans yet? What are your thoughts? Will I be disappointed going from a Gibson down to an Epi? Will it have neck dive (asking for Revolution Six)?

I can't wait to get my hands on it to do a comparison.

• Upvote 2

" I have ordered guitar number 100 "

WAOOOW ! Your chinese copy will be a "pure collector"

Dude, some might say a Gibson Les Paul Tribute is just a cheapo Gibson that is not a proper Les Paul. Oh wait, you own one of those. You put binding on it to make it look like a real Les Paul, so why not buy a 'proper' Gibson? Could it be you can't afford one? Guess what, Gibson Les Paul Tributes are never going to be collectors items, so why mock people who like Epiphone guitars?

Megafrog, congrats on guitar number 100! Hope you enjoy the RD. I loved the look of his Epi LP Artisan.

Edited by cody78
  • Upvote 2

Dude, some might say a Gibson Les Paul Tribute is just a cheapo Gibson that is not a proper Les Paul. Oh wait, you own one of those. You put binding on it to make it look like a real Les Paul, so why not buy a 'proper' Gibson? Could it be you can't afford one? Guess what, Gibson Les Paul Tributes are never going to be collectors items, so why mock people who like Epiphone guitars?

Megafrog, congrats on guitar number 100! Hope you enjoy the RD. I loved the look of his Epi LP Artisan.

Our friend Rev 6 is just a troll. His tribute with the fake binding is now worth a fraction of what he paid for it and probably less than that Malia RD would sell for used but oh well.

• Upvote 2

Our friend Rev 6 is just a troll. His tribute with the fake binding is now worth a fraction of what he paid for it and probably less than that Malia RD would sell for used but oh well.

Yes, good point about his tribute [laugh] His posts do annoy me, but I must learn to ignore him.

• Upvote 1

Epiphones are great guitars . I have a lot of them and yes there are some selling for more then i bought them for . Enjoy your new Epiphones they are great guitars

• Upvote 2

If you want to talk about my Gibson Les Paul here is the link :

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/139238-my-2017-les-paul-tribute-gold-top/

Les_Paul_T_Gold_Top_56.JPG

• Upvote 1

I like it with the body binding, the clear coats give to the binding a perfect finish.

Les_Paul_T_Gold_Top_57.JPG

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

Nice fake painted on binding bro!! =D> What a stupid idea to begin with, but a 5 year old could have done a better job. Did you just freestyle it with Wite-Out??

Congrats on ruining a halfway decent entry level Gibson and turning it into a complete POS. BTW, it's worth nothing now. Great job! =D> =D>

• Upvote 4

Nice to see some real binding, none of that fake photo 'binding' seen on a certain gibson.

Maybe one day you can afford real binding.

Well until then he can keep using white out or sharing pictures of guitars with real binding I guess.

• Upvote 2

The thing I don't get is if he hates Epiphone's so much, why does he spend so much time posting in this forum? It's not even a rational argument he has for his dislike of Epiphone. Most good guitarists could find a (Chinese) Epiphone that they like. I'd love to hear him play guitar...I bet he sucks big time [laugh]

• Upvote 2

Going back to the original topic, how do you find the Gibson RD you mentioned Megafrog? I've never tried one myself, but was always interested in the look of them. The only unusual shaped guitars I have tried/ or own is a Gibson Firebird V which I bought a couple of years ago and many years ago a guy I knew had an Explorer which he let me test out. I like the Firebird because it feels so different to other guitars and has unique tone with the mini humbuckers. I imagine the RD would be along the same lines in feeling and sounding very unique. I must try one someday, either Epi or Gibson.

Edited by cody78
  • Upvote 1

The thing I don't get is if he hates Epiphone's so much, why does he spend so much time posting in this forum? It's not even a rational argument he has for his dislike of Epiphone. Most good guitarists could find a (Chinese) Epiphone that they like. I'd love to hear him play guitar...I bet he sucks big time [laugh]

It's nothing to do with Epiphone, he just a troll getting off on the attention. Mommy didn't love him enough or Daddy used to beat him or he was bullied at school or he just feels inadequate because he has no friends. Just ignore him like everybody else in his sad little life does.

• Upvote 2

Going back to the original topic, how do you find the Gibson RD you mentioned Megafrog? I've never tried one myself, but was always interested in the look of them. The only unusual shaped guitars I have tried/ or own is a Gibson Firebird V which I bought a couple of years ago and many years ago a guy I knew had an Explorer which he let me test out. I like the Firebird because it feels so different to other guitars and has unique tone with the mini humbuckers. I imagine the RD would be along the same lines in feeling and sounding very unique. I must try one someday, either Epi or Gibson.

Unfortunately it is sitting in back order now. I really want the guitar for the shape and I am a Malia fan. Looking at the Guitar Center website it shows that the current back orders are pushed out to June. I hope that I am not waiting that long.

• Upvote 1