Gibson Brands Forums

Worn vs Pro

Sunfist

The SG Pro comes with the Alnico Classic Pro humbuckers, which to my ear have better clarity & definition than the Alnico Classics that come in the Worn model. Tbh the difference is enough for me to prefer the SG Pro based on those pickups alone. If you're the kind of person who switches out pickups all the time, though, then it's not going to matter anyway.

The SG Pro comes with the Alnico Classic Pro humbuckers, which to my ear have better clarity & definition than the Alnico Classics that come in the Worn model. Tbh the difference is enough for me to prefer the SG Pro based on those pickups alone. If you're the kind of person who switches out pickups all the time, though, then it's not going to matter anyway.

Absolutely. I agree with you on this. They have some better sustain and clarity. The G400 Pro also have coil splitting, which also can be a huge advantage for getting more tones. I love this feature.

Depending on what you are gonna play, the amount of wood in the guitar will also define the sound. For me an LP sound better but is much heavier. For my gritty tones SG is perfect.

Absolutely. I agree with you on this. They have some better sustain and clarity. The G400 Pro also have coil splitting, which also can be a huge advantage for getting more tones. I love this feature.

Depending on what you are gonna play, the amount of wood in the guitar will also define the sound. For me an LP sound better but is much heavier. For my gritty tones SG is perfect.

JAF is spot on. Any Epi that says "Pro" in the name has coil splitting.

Archived