Gibson Brands Forums

NUGD (New Used GD)...the hunt is over!

Cabarone

Just pulled the trigger on a '90 Dove on Reverb. It has a tobacco burst, so it'll match up w/my 12-string...I've been on a quest to replace my "first love" I let slip away a couple years ago...this will put an end to my shopping (for the foreseeable future, anyway)...

Now I need y'all to pat my hand and tell me I did the right thing...I've got those butterflies I always get...signed up for PayPal Credit, so it's 6 mos. same as cash...

I'm sure the urge to barf will pass before it gets here...

You did absolutely the right thing, Cabs!!

I have a 1990 Hummingbird which is my favourite guitar of all of my flock. It’s absolutely wonderful, and I’m sure your Dove will be too. I just finished writing a song with it, as it happens (the Hummingbird, not your Dove!)

Believe I followed that Dove for a couple of weeks - if it's the same, it looked hyper cühl.

The absolutely right amount of patina and a somewhat tough road-worn atmosphere around it.

Please post pics & sounds. I have the feeling it siiings.

Sounds and looks magnificent. Loose, ready, willing and able. Not as dovish as my 96'er*, but just as good.

You might have done something great there. Keep us informed.

*at least in this clip.

(Wasn't the one I thought it was btw. Never mind).

It got here about an hour ago...now I'm complete...enjoying it even more than I thought I would...you know how you don't really know how bad you've missed something (or someone) until you see them again? I'd forgotten how my Dove seemed to play itself...man, I am one happy old coot...thanks for all the support, gang...

Archived