Gibson Brands Forums

Dissapointed

Oscar2017

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going along with the idea that the OP might actually be a 12 year old kid and his mum and not just yet another arsewipe;

...the store that we ordered it from...were able to contact Gibson...and...was told they had discontinued the guitar I ordered.

GIBSON you should be ashamed of what you have done and step up and make this wrong a right for this kid...

What, exactly, have Gibson done that, according to you, they should be ashamed of having done? Released an updated version of an outgoing model?

If Gibson doesn't make the guitar you wanted any longer what do you expect them to do? Offer you a discount because the guitar you wanted to buy is no longer made? Are you serious? Do you really expect any company to offer a discount on currently available models because their older models are no longer in production?

"Hello, Ford USA? I actually wanted a 2016 Ford GT but as you no longer manufacture that precise vehicle can I get a generous discount on the newer equivalent?..."...

Idiot.

Pip.

Going along with the idea that the OP might actually be a 12 year old kid and his mum and not just yet another arsewipe;

What, exactly, have Gibson done that, according to you, they should be ashamed of having done? Released an updated version of an outgoing model?

If Gibson doesn't make the guitar you wanted any longer what do you expect them to do? Offer you a discount because the guitar you wanted to buy is no longer made? Are you serious? Do you really expect any company to offer a discount on currently available models because their older models are no longer in production?

"Hello, Ford USA? I actually wanted a 2016 Ford GT but as you no longer manufacture that precise vehicle can I get a generous discount on the newer equivalent?..."...

Idiot.

Pip.

He can get the guitar he wants its called buying one used.

He's a 12 YO and his dream have been pulled out from under him, and ripped up and thrown in his face, cut him some slack.

If the kid is for real then I can understand his disappointment; I wouldn't want the HP LP with all the chrome, richlite and the rear-mounted pickups either, but that's irrelevant really.....because from what he (or his mum) wrote, it is entirely an issue with the retailer, and you have your rights.....and in the USA, the customer is (still) always right AFAIK.

The end.

Guest Farnsbarns

well, you can tell right off the bat he ain't no leafs fan. those people, they know how to handle being disapointed [flapper]

Is that bent stick called a bat?

If the situation in the OP is real, regardless of who write the post, the issue really is with the retailer, not Gibson. Get your money back and find another supplier who has the guitar you want. Delivering the wrong product is inexcusable. As for the heartbreak, well, most of us were way older than 12 when we got our first Gibson, and most of us earned the money we paid for it, and for many of us it was a dream deferred again and again. It's not the end of the world when it's hard to locate and purchase the guitar you really want. They don't grow on trees. I'd be bummed, too, but this is the real world and it's a good time to learn lessons about how to transact business and deal with disappointment on the way to what is a freaking big, big reward -- for a kid! I remember very well what it's like to be 12. You have to stop moaning at some point and swing into action -- that is, if you really want an awesome guitar.

If the situation in the OP is real, regardless of who write the post, the issue really is with the retailer, not Gibson. Get your money back and find another supplier who has the guitar you want. Delivering the wrong product is inexcusable. As for the heartbreak, well, most of us were way older than 12 when we got our first Gibson, and most of us earned the money we paid for it, and for many of us it was a dream deferred again and again. It's not the end of the world when it's hard to locate and purchase the guitar you really want. They don't grow on trees. I'd be bummed, too, but this is the real world and it's a good time to learn lessons about how to transact business and deal with disappointment on the way to what is a freaking big, big reward -- for a kid! I remember very well what it's like to be 12. You have to stop moaning at some point and swing into action -- that is, if you really want an awesome guitar.

Most of the stuff on my guitars that is not made if metal or plastic did grow on trees.

.....corrupting the kids mind with that.

Listen I swear....

I saw U2 (or was it Nirvana) and they had another guitarist offstage playing an Epiphone SG with neck dive, faux binding and no weight relief...... :) :)

Nobody seems to note that he claimed to have started playing at 8.

Started "saving" for a $3500 guitar at age 10.

"Mom and dad" chipped in at age 12.

In canada it's almost impossible to buy a Les Paul from other than Long and Mcquade as Yorkville Sound (parent company) is the main distributor for Canada and almost 98% of mom/pop guitar stores are closed.

And LM are good group to deal with ...

So story "funky"

Nobody seems to note that he claimed to have started playing at 8.

Started "saving" for a $3500 guitar at age 10.

"Mom and dad" chipped in at age 12.

In canada it's almost impossible to buy a Les Paul from other than Long and Mcquade as Yorkville Sound (parent company) is the main distributor for Canada and almost 98% of mom/pop guitar stores are closed.

And LM are good group to deal with ...

So story "funky"

We all know it's BS.

Archived