Gibson Brands Forums

Rolling Stone Part One

BluesKing777

BK really nice - it's all good, but you've got a couple runs in there that are just awesome (about a min in and then at the end)!

I do feel bad for you though having talent like that, but having to play such an old guitar. I'm a newbie so it doesn't matter to me, so if you want to swap a nice new J45 for that old thing... well - I'll figure out shipping ; )

Anyways good stuff.

Thanks!

Hey, I had a look in the garage near the redback spider colony and there are 2 spraycans, one matt black and the other....purple metallic speckle.....

What do you think? Spruce up the old thing?

Or concentrate on recording Rolling Stone Parts 2 - 25? [unsure]

BluesKing777.

Hey BK - listening through this a couple more times, seeing what i can take away... and all i got is more questions. Is this one pass through or did you record several tracks. Is it finger style, strumming, a mix? If I had to guess it would be 2 tracks, one finger style, one strumming, and then a third vocal - but really no idea.

...and what's the new friend this guy will be getting?

and again - really nice stuff!

Hey BK - listening through this a couple more times, seeing what i can take away... and all i got is more questions. Is this one pass through or did you record several tracks. Is it finger style, strumming, a mix? If I had to guess it would be 2 tracks, one finger style, one strumming, and then a third vocal - but really no idea.

...and what's the new friend this guy will be getting?

and again - really nice stuff!

Thanks Billroy!

I always record ‘live’ - one mic. I placed my Neumann KM184 for the vocal and then lower it to the guitar a bit so I get both at once in a nice mix. The reverb is off my mixer.

The guitar playing is a mixture of a lot of things, I will have to listen to what I did again but generally I mix up bits here and there with my thumb playing runs and my index flicking up and down to play the high strings together. (Some call that a ‘brush’)

And there is a new (mystery guitar) in the mail, but I won’t say what just yet! ha ha ha ho ho....non Gibson though.

BluesKing777.

Ok, I'll bite. What's coming?

Oh no, oh no...it would put The Mozz on everything if I said what it was before it even left home!

Oh no,no, no. No. Last time, the delivery guy said I wasn’t home! On a Friday night the tracking said ‘delivery attempt’ or some lie....and he didn’t come back til Tuesday. Oh no, oh no. Why do I do this to myself, except my local shop has not one single thing I want. I don’t think I can go through with it......why can’t they at least give you an ETA? Instead of between 7am and 6pm Mon - Fri...? I may just go down and hide in my cave (music room) and not answer the door and not accept delivery. That will teach’em! [mellow] Won’t it?

BluesKing777.

Oh no, oh no...it would put The Mozz on everything if I said what it was before it even left home!

Oh no,no, no. No. Last time, the delivery guy said I wasn’t home! On a Friday night the tracking said ‘delivery attempt’ or some lie....and he didn’t come back til Tuesday. Oh no, oh no. Why do I do this to myself, except my local shop has not one single thing I want. I don’t think I can go through with it......why can’t they at least give you an ETA? Instead of between 7am and 6pm Mon - Fri...? I may just go down and hide in my cave (music room) and not answer the door and not accept delivery. That will teach’em! [mellow] Won’t it?

BluesKing777.

You love the pain...

He’s a tease

Mcilroy !!

Mcilroy

Ha!

Well, I don’t even have an email to give me a tracking number yet! No hurry, then. Take your time.

If you are too evil and late, Mr Deliveryman, the new dog will be waiting to greet you with its lovely smile [mellow]

BluesKing777.

Delivery delivered! Dog and I waited 4 hours after the tracking said it was out for delivery, funny the guy didn’t want a chat with the doggy making noises......

NGD!

I will post about it here because it is non Gibson and certain factions get anxious......

So one brand new out of the box Waterloo WL-14XTR jet black finish is now mine - the Kalamazoo KG14 I never had. While it is early days yet, it all seems as claimed, setup good out of the factory, strings new 12 D’Addarios. I think this is the guitar I thought I was buying to get a country blues sound a few other times, would have been great 40 years ago, weighs about 2 feathers and sounds like DA BLOOZ.

BluesKing777.

Delivery delivered! Dog and I waited 4 hours after the tracking said it was out for delivery, funny the guy didn’t want a chat with the doggy making noises......

NGD!

I will post about it here because it is non Gibson and certain factions get anxious......

So one brand new out of the box Waterloo WL-14XTR jet black finish is now mine - the Kalamazoo KG14 I never had. While it is early days yet, it all seems as claimed, setup good out of the factory, strings new 12 D’Addarios. I think this is the guitar I thought I was buying to get a country blues sound a few other times, would have been great 40 years ago, weighs about 2 feathers and sounds like DA BLOOZ.

BluesKing777.

Those little guitars look great

Not the thing for me , unless as stated previously a few other guitars were owned first.

But I’d like to have one about the place for when the blues strikes

He has a poodle bill

Poodle?

Where?

Dinner!

Bonnie the Pointer X:

Gwyo4bVh.jpg

And she picked the new guitar, not sure why?:

LP4fpDph.jpg

jetZSGLh.jpg

Chunky V neck!

29FIkYYh.jpg

mgW9VQxh.jpg

Cousins!!!!!

7itaDSbh.jpg

BluesKing777.

sweet pair...I like the Waterloo line but not many in this neighborhood..nice BK

Thanks KC!

None around here before either - I had to get it delivered unplayed. Scary, but I have played others.

It is absolutely spot on for Robert Johnson style country blues, John Hurt, raggy blues, ragtime...all the music that doesn't like sustain.

And the big V necks I love are going to make some of you whine, maybe even cry in pain...

But be warned, guitar lovers...if you think it is going to ring out like a dread for some Neil tunes....you could be very disappointed as it will sound horrid! :mellow: It is similar to comparing the ladder braced LG1 to a SJ200.

So try before you buy.....one man's poison and all that.

BluesKing777.

Archived