• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Almost Cut My Hair....

#41 User is offline   gearbasher 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

View Postcody78, on 16 April 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

A lot of people seem to think comments like that are funny for some reason, but I fail to see the humour personally. The one I get a lot is "Hey look, it's Jesus...HAHA!" because I have a beard a fair bit of the time (too lazy to shave most months) plus the long hair I mentioned earlier. I sometimes think the next person who cracks the hilarious 'Jesus' comment I would like to throw through a window [laugh]

Yeah, in my younger days I would get the Jesus remarks. In fact, at my local Video rental place (remember VCRs and rentals?), they had me in the computer as "Jesus our Savior". And being mistaken as a woman: Once an old woman tapped me on the shoulder and said "excuse me miss". When I turned around and she saw the beard, she couldn't apologize enough. Also, I was very thin and into cycling (I still am...on both counts). But riding in Lycra with a ponytail, cars and trucks would approach me from behind and the drivers would honk their horns and sometimes call out. When I turned to look at them, their reactions were priceless.

This post has been edited by gearbasher: 16 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was never very good at chemistry, but one of my favorite things to do is to turn beer into urine." -- TWilson

The only thing I'm looking to achieve is room temperature.

#42 User is offline   D-28 

• 21st Century Schizoid Man
  • LocationUS And A

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Here is the thing, Can you pull it off. Look at Steve Howe at 71 with long hair. I hope he does not think he is pulling that look off, your not 25 any more Steve.

#43 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostD-28, on 16 April 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Here is the thing, Can you pull it off. Look at Steve Howe at 71 with long hair. I hope he does not think he is pulling that look off, your not 25 any more Steve.

Yeah, Steve Howe looks a little too much like a cross between Phil Spector and "Doc" Brown (Back to the Future) today. Looking at his photo makes me think I'll keep my hair short.

#44 User is offline   zombywoof 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Postkidblast, on 16 April 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

I'm 61, it's all gray but I decided last year to let it grow out again. I've had long hair most of my life, just preference for me. It's at the point now, where my wife and I walk into a restaurant or store, people that work there say things like "be right with you ladies!" HAHA!! They soon see I'm no lady, and apologize, I just tell em, "No worries It happens a lot lately"

And I don't care if ppl don't like it,, they don't have to look at me. Can I pull it off at 61? I'm sure some people think it's sill but I really don't know, and what's more is I really don't care..

Way back when we used to hear "Does she or doesn't she" which was a reference to a Clairol ad or something. Us geezers can recall though when the way we looked actually used to get folks knickers in a twist which, I admit, was part of the attraction.

This post has been edited by zombywoof: 16 April 2018 - 01:05 PM

"I play so rough - I stomp 'em"
Bukka White

#45 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

View Postcody78, on 16 April 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

A lot of people seem to think comments like that are funny for some reason, but I fail to see the humour personally. The one I get a lot is "Hey look, it's Jesus...HAHA!" because I have a beard a fair bit of the time (too lazy to shave most months) plus the long hair I mentioned earlier. I sometimes think the next person who cracks the hilarious 'Jesus' comment I would like to throw through a window [laugh]

I hear ya, I've heard it all before too. Maybe you should mess with them, "Amen I say to you, since I am the son of God, do you really want to aggravate me? One text message to Dad, and I can mess you up pretty bad" !LOL! (Just kidding Cody,, you know that right)

In these recent instances that I've encountered this, they don't mean it, the apologies come pretty fast.. But on the other hand, I guess I apparently am THAT pretty still!! so maybe I have that goin for me [unsure]
/Ray

#46 User is offline   OldCowboy 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:12 AM

kidblast, on 16 April 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

maybe, if your 39, definitely!

This long haired old man has 10 years on you - no way I'd trade away years, but you've got that figured out for yourself, too. No harm in askin', though😄

#47 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:43 AM

View PostOldCowboy, on 16 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

This long haired old man has 10 years on you - no way I'd trade away years, but you've got that figured out for yourself, too. No harm in askin', though😄

100% right Cowboy..
/Ray

#48 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

My hair is still long and has been since the 80's. Worn in a ponytail at work and usually under a hat. "So I put my hair up under my hat..."

I don't have a lot of gray hair nor thinning hair but even if I did, I wouldn't care. Me on the right.

Posted Image

#49 User is offline   zombywoof 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Back around 1966 my father would threaten to pull me out of high school and send me to military academy if I did not cut my hair and straighten my act out. The Driver Ed teacher used to make me put barrettes in my hair to keep it out of my face (as a safety thing or so he said). I found I kind of liked it. By the early 1970s though nobody seemed to care anymore. Guys wearing three piece suits and carrying brief cases were wearing their hair in a pony tail while you could buy your peace necklace at Macys. It was almost enough to make me wanna get a haircut.

This post has been edited by zombywoof: 16 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Bukka White

#50 User is offline   philfish 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

View Postzombywoof, on 16 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Back around 1966 my father would threaten to pull me out of high school and send me to military academy if I did not cut my hair and straighten my act out. The Driver Ed teacher used to make me put barrettes in my hair to keep it out of my face (as a safety thing or so he said). I found I kind of liked it. By the early 1970s though nobody seemed to care anymore. Guys wearing three piece suits and carrying brief cases were wearing their hair in a pony tail while you could buy your peace necklace at Macys. It was almost enough to make me wanna get a haircut.

A lot of people came late to the party, thats about the time I started cuting my hair short.
Now I wish I was completely bald and not just on my head but my ears,back, and all other regions
Total comfort for me :rolleyes:

#51 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

OK, for you geezer hair guys, here's a little trip down the trivia memory lane of 1960's (nearly) one hit wonders: The Barbarians.

Other than this song of questionable caliber, they had a couple of distinguishing characteristics. At one point, the guitars and basses they played were all Gibsons. The bass was one of those funky EB2 models that used an ES 335 body.

Oh yeah, and the drummer only had one hand, with a hook for his left hand. Later, the drummer had a near-hit with an autobiographical song about blowing his hand off, backed in the studio by members of a band that became known as... (one-handed drum roll) The Band.

I clearly had too much time on my hands today, waiting for my new kitchen cabinets to arrive. I need to get a life. But I also changed strings on a couple of guitars.

#52 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

View Postphilfish, on 16 April 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

Now I wish I was completely bald and not just on my head but my ears,back, and all other regions
Total comfort for me :rolleyes:

You're sort of creeping me out.

You know you're old when the hair stops growing on your head, and starts growing out of almost every orifice in your body...

#53 User is offline   Saul Good 

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Geezer mullet -- long in the back, long-gone in the front. (Sleep with my baseball cap on.)

Last cut, Aug. 1st, 1980, CFB Stadacona. (They won't let you out unless your hair's reg'.) :angry:

This post has been edited by Saul Good: 16 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

#54 User is offline   Boyd 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNew Jersey Pine Barrens

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

I don't want no woman if her hair ain't no longer than mine.
1965 Gibson J-50 ADJ
1974 GIbson J-50 Deluxe
2008 Gibson J-50 Modern Classic

#55 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostBoyd, on 16 April 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

I don't w
ant no woman if her hair ain't no longer than mine.

That's a lot of double negatives. Is this a riddle?

#56 User is offline   Boyd 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNew Jersey Pine Barrens

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

Geez, it's the first line of one of Lightnin' Hopkins biggest hits - "Short Haired Woman". Have you really never heard of it? You should have your Gibson "All Access" pass revoked! LOL [biggrin]

https://youtu.be/01jQFVXgrKs

This post has been edited by Boyd: 16 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

1965 Gibson J-50 ADJ
1974 GIbson J-50 Deluxe
2008 Gibson J-50 Modern Classic

#57 User is offline   zombywoof 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

View Postj45nick, on 16 April 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

OK, for you geezer hair guys, here's a little trip down the trivia memory lane of 1960's (nearly) one hit wonders: The Barbarians.

Other than this song of questionable caliber, they had a couple of distinguishing characteristics. At one point, the guitars and basses they played were all Gibsons. The bass was one of those funky EB2 models that used an ES 335 body.

Oh yeah, and the drummer only had one hand, with a hook for his left hand. Later, the drummer had a near-hit with an autobiographical song about blowing his hand off, backed in the studio by members of a band that became known as... (one-handed drum roll) The Band.

Moulty! Out of MA somewhere. It was the original Nuggets 2 LP set that they are probably best remembered for now.

I used to love all that garage band stuff and still listen to some of it - the 13th Floor Elevators, the Blue Things, the Chocolate Watch Band.

Best name for a band back in the day though goes to Mogen David and the Grapes of Wrath.

This post has been edited by zombywoof: 16 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

Bukka White

#58 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

View Postzombywoof, on 16 April 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Moulty! Out of MA somewhere. It was the original Nuggets 2 LP set that they are probably best remembered for now.

I used to love all that garage band stuff and still listen to some of it - the 13th Floor Elevators, the Blue Things, the Chocolate Watch Band.

Best name for a band back in the day though goes to Mogen David and the Grapes of Wrath.

You're down there in the weeds with me. The group I worked with was called Minimum Daily Requirement. One single on Mercury, then oblivion.

At least they didn't do version 3,265 of "Hey Joe".

Some of those bands with garage band or school combo roots broke through, but never left it all behind. The Zombies come to mind. Others just live on in blurry YouTube clips.

It's sometimes a fine line between success and failure, and it's not just about talent. Timing, a good producer, and promotion are big elements.

This post has been edited by j45nick: 16 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

#59 User is offline   j45nick 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostBoyd, on 16 April 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Geez, it's the first line of one of Lightnin' Hopkins biggest hits - "Short Haired Woman". Have you really never heard of it? You should have your Gibson "All Access" pass revoked! LOL [biggrin]

https://youtu.be/01jQFVXgrKs

I plead the protection of advanced age and faulty memory, and throw myself on the mercy of the court.

#60 User is offline   BluesKing777 

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

A few weeks back, this teacher got the sack for cutting a student's hair!

Now, he is back after a massive fuss...

https://www.theage.c...417-p4za0e.html

BluesKing777.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users