Gibson Brands Forums

Almost Cut My Hair....

Murph

Did umrah in Makkah a couple of weeks ago and when you complete it, it is customary for men to get all their hair cut off. I went for the machine cut instead of a straight razor, but it's still the shortest my hair has been since I was in fourth grade, I think.

I might keep it. It's a lot less work.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think even more of a statement might be called for. Maybe a reverse Mohawk and forehead tattoo... but that's just my liking?!

Aha!

As a condition of entry to the hallowed halls of the Gibson Acoustic Forum........reverse Mohawk and a Gibson Acoustic Guitar tattoo on the forehead....... [wink][omg][cool]

BluesKing777.

No decision yet, however I am beginning to remember the aggravation of having it long as well.

So wait, getting it cut is aggravating, letting it grow is aggravating.

Maybe I AM getting old.....

[biggrin]

No decision yet, however I am beginning to remember the aggravation of having it long as well.

So wait, getting it cut is aggravating, letting it grow is aggravating.

Maybe I AM getting old.....

[biggrin]

Let your freak flag fly!

But yeah, it can be aggravating when it dangles in your plate of fajitas.

Fetch.... !

Hmmm, more like:

“There goes your hat! You get it.”

Which is probably good after what she did to the other hat.

g5Lzc6Ah.jpg

But the hair blowing in your eyes is something I had forgotten, a bit annoying, maybe the last straw.

Why don’t barbers work aftermoon shift 2.30 - 10.30 pm? Most people work all day and have to take or ask for time off to get a haircut..... either way, as soon as my delivery comes tomorrow or next day, my hair is gone, baby! It has grown in all the wrong spots. [mellow]

BluesKing777.

I'm 61, it's all gray but I decided last year to let it grow out again. I've had long hair most of my life, just preference for me. It's at the point now, where my wife and I walk into a restaurant or store, people that work there say things like "be right with you ladies!" HAHA!! They soon see I'm no lady, and apologize, I just tell em, "No worries It happens a lot lately"

And I don't care if ppl don't like it,, they don't have to look at me. Can I pull it off at 61? I'm sure some people think it's sill but I really don't know, and what's more is I really don't care..

I'm 61, it's all gray but I decided last year to let it grow out again. I've had long hair most of my life, just preference for me. It's at the point now, where my wife and I walk into a restaurant or store, people that work there say things like "be right with you ladies!" HAHA!! They soon see I'm no lady, and apologize, I just tell em, "No worries It happens a lot lately"

And I don't care if ppl don't like it,, they don't have to look at me. Can I pull it off at 61? I'm sure some people think it's sill but I really don't know, and what's more is I really don't care..

61? Want to trade ages?

It's at the point now, where my wife and I walk into a restaurant or store, people that work there say things like "be right with you ladies!" HAHA!! They soon see I'm no lady, and apologize, I just tell em, "No worries It happens a lot lately"

A lot of people seem to think comments like that are funny for some reason, but I fail to see the humour personally. The one I get a lot is "Hey look, it's Jesus...HAHA!" because I have a beard a fair bit of the time (too lazy to shave most months) plus the long hair I mentioned earlier. I sometimes think the next person who cracks the hilarious 'Jesus' comment I would like to throw through a window [laugh]

A lot of people seem to think comments like that are funny for some reason, but I fail to see the humour personally. The one I get a lot is "Hey look, it's Jesus...HAHA!" because I have a beard a fair bit of the time (too lazy to shave most months) plus the long hair I mentioned earlier. I sometimes think the next person who cracks the hilarious 'Jesus' comment I would like to throw through a window [laugh]

Yeah, in my younger days I would get the Jesus remarks. In fact, at my local Video rental place (remember VCRs and rentals?), they had me in the computer as "Jesus our Savior". And being mistaken as a woman: Once an old woman tapped me on the shoulder and said "excuse me miss". When I turned around and she saw the beard, she couldn't apologize enough. Also, I was very thin and into cycling (I still am...on both counts). But riding in Lycra with a ponytail, cars and trucks would approach me from behind and the drivers would honk their horns and sometimes call out. When I turned to look at them, their reactions were priceless.

Here is the thing, Can you pull it off. Look at Steve Howe at 71 with long hair. I hope he does not think he is pulling that look off, your not 25 any more Steve.

Yeah, Steve Howe looks a little too much like a cross between Phil Spector and "Doc" Brown (Back to the Future) today. Looking at his photo makes me think I'll keep my hair short.

Way back when we used to hear "Does she or doesn't she" which was a reference to a Clairol ad or something. Us geezers can recall though when the way we looked actually used to get folks knickers in a twist which, I admit, was part of the attraction.

I hear ya, I've heard it all before too. Maybe you should mess with them, "Amen I say to you, since I am the son of God, do you really want to aggravate me? One text message to Dad, and I can mess you up pretty bad" !LOL! (Just kidding Cody,, you know that right)

In these recent instances that I've encountered this, they don't mean it, the apologies come pretty fast.. But on the other hand, I guess I apparently am THAT pretty still!! so maybe I have that goin for me [unsure]

My hair is still long and has been since the 80's. Worn in a ponytail at work and usually under a hat. "So I put my hair up under my hat..."

I don't have a lot of gray hair nor thinning hair but even if I did, I wouldn't care. Me on the right.

21150452_1403333709773742_2545829447047178454_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a8c8dce106f96fac980b33d1a3decd31&oe=5B5F3138

Back around 1966 my father would threaten to pull me out of high school and send me to military academy if I did not cut my hair and straighten my act out. The Driver Ed teacher used to make me put barrettes in my hair to keep it out of my face (as a safety thing or so he said). I found I kind of liked it. By the early 1970s though nobody seemed to care anymore. Guys wearing three piece suits and carrying brief cases were wearing their hair in a pony tail while you could buy your peace necklace at Macys. It was almost enough to make me wanna get a haircut.

Back around 1966 my father would threaten to pull me out of high school and send me to military academy if I did not cut my hair and straighten my act out. The Driver Ed teacher used to make me put barrettes in my hair to keep it out of my face (as a safety thing or so he said). I found I kind of liked it. By the early 1970s though nobody seemed to care anymore. Guys wearing three piece suits and carrying brief cases were wearing their hair in a pony tail while you could buy your peace necklace at Macys. It was almost enough to make me wanna get a haircut.

A lot of people came late to the party, thats about the time I started cuting my hair short.

Now I wish I was completely bald and not just on my head but my ears,back, and all other regions

Total comfort for me :rolleyes:

Archived