Gibson Brands Forums

cant play it - mine as well talk about it

uncle fester

Freakin' geeze, changing 1 finger sure can be a PITA!

It's probably nothing for most of you folks - but I've been banging on this little riff for well over a week (not so much the riff itself but just bouncing between the 2 chords). It really is just one finger change, and when done right it sounds awesome, but everything's got to be right to hear the change properly. I get it about 25% of the time... which is about 20% more than yesterday...

YvXVxis.jpg?1

I guess it's like when folks ask me how my diet's going, 'Well, I've put on 2 lbs, but at least I'm cranky and bloated' - happy pickin ; ) Regardless, i'm just rambling - but if anyone is up for the effort - I'd love to hear it done well ; )

It's the start to the solo on a cover of 'Money' I'm trying to do.. don't think it's the same as the original. The guy really only plays through it once going into the rest of the solo, but I've turned it into a circle to practice. I'm really not even trying to match the rhythm yet, just get the chords right.

It's the start to the solo on a cover of 'Money' I'm trying to do.. don't think it's the same as the original. The guy really only plays through it once going into the rest of the solo, but I've turned it into a circle to practice. I'm really not even trying to match the rhythm yet, just get the chords right.

Link to a youtube video, by any chance?

Are we talking about Pink Floyd, Berry Gordy (Motown), or someone else?

I'd have to hear it, but maybe the approach to play as chords is off, maybe change the mindset, and try to play these as arpeggios... keep yer fingers loose, and not anchored.

again, I'd have to hear it to grasp the feel/timing/touch This is the Gilmore solo yes?

and let me get this right,, if that IS the tune, you are trying this on your acoustic???

Hi all, it's an acoustic cover of Money by Pink Floyd (done by Corey Huevel). He hits these notes at 1:48, which leads into the solo. My goal is to play it through similar to him, but really right now I'm just playing the two different chords back and forth trying to get a clear articulation of both.

Done right - if you mute the hi and low E's, and then get a good buzz free fingering across the ADG strings, the change in notes on the B string really rings out... simple as pie ;)

Covering that cover is going to be a bit of a challenge. That guy can play!

Lol - all I've got is time and aspirations - might take a couple years, but I'll come up with something ; ) Then I'll play it for my wife three times, she'll say 'nice but I still don't like Pink Floyd, can you learn something on the banjo' and I'll go on to my next song.

alright - i found i can get it to sound right if i hunch over just so, with a little twist to how I'm sitting, and my head cocked to the left. Not optimal - but it is all about the sound.

anyways - as i was struggling through it, it reminded me of a scene from a show called the 'detectorists. (very funny show if anyone likes oddball humor) the guy wants to do an open mic with his mandolin, but can only play sitting down cross legged. the clip doesn't show him getting up on stage (the funniest part) but still found it amusing.

my concern, as i move towards my first open mic - really hope i'm not that cross legged guy on the pillow ; )

Hi all, it's an acoustic cover of Money by Pink Floyd (done by Corey Huevel). He hits these notes at 1:48, which leads into the solo. My goal is to play it through similar to him, but really right now I'm just playing the two different chords back and forth trying to get a clear articulation of both.

Done right - if you mute the hi and low E's, and then get a good buzz free fingering across the ADG strings, the change in notes on the B string really rings out... simple as pie ;)

That is a good song he came up with, isn’t it?

Perhaps a touch cynical...caviar, new car, cigars....etc

But it just needs something else.......hmmm, I know it could be silly but I keep thinking a tinklng cash register on the beat.......

BluesKing777.

Then I'll play it for my wife three times, she'll say 'nice but I still don't like Pink Floyd, can you learn something on the banjo' and I'll go on to my next song.

I got nuthin', I can't read tabs or music, I just play by ear.

But....

I loved that little quote.

Archived