Gibson Brands Forums

Four strings for old geezers

flatbaroque

I've been having fun on a baritone uke. They are tuned the same as the four high strings on a guitar. DGBE. So chord shapes are the same with some adjustments for missing bass strings.I like ordinary ukes which are tuned like a guitar on capo 5 but these baritones are like small parlor guitars with nylon stings.

A really complementary instrument for guitar players looking for a bit of variety.Or for those with a bit of arthritis in the fretting hand.Anyway...apologies for non gibson...non guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl2AJWlfCnQ&feature=youtu.beh?v=rl2AJWlfCnQ&feature=youtu.be

Cheers Nick.Bought the hat today.$25 pure wool.Will be good to wear to work in winter.And a must for the gent with approaching male pattern baldness!

Thanks SirNed. Didn't know Gibson did a tenor guitar.I guess I could play one after my 2 weeks on baritone uke. My Hal Leonard Baritone Uke chord book arrived from Amazon today.Good to learn new stuff...as long as it's not too hard [biggrin]

I first learned to play on a baritone uke when I was about 12 years old. It was a cheap all-plastic POS that my father found at the Goodwill store but it was enough to get me started. :)

Cheers Nick.Bought the hat today.$25 pure wool.Will be good to wear to work in winter.And a must for the gent with approaching male pattern baldness!

Thanks SirNed. Didn't know Gibson did a tenor guitar.I guess I could play one after my 2 weeks on baritone uke. My Hal Leonard Baritone Uke chord book arrived from Amazon today.Good to learn new stuff...as long as it's not too hard [biggrin]

I have a 1965 Gibson TGO tenor in my collection. Has the same body as a LGO, but a thin neck about the size of a tenor banjo. Interesting guitar.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Archived