Gibson Brands Forums

Tronical suing Gibson

JuanCarlosVejar

Gibson introduced these robo-guitars in 2007. I do recall Gibson noting they had an exclusive deal with Tronical to produce the tuners. I also gather, however, that the deal has lapsed which means the tuners are now available to all and which I assume is at the root of the lawsuit.

Be interesting to know both sides of the story. But, at this point, all I can cull from it is anyone can sue anyone they want at any time. Doesn’t mean it’s justified or that they will win. Just means they can file a suit in a court.

Would be interesting to know both sides, though.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Guest Farnsbarns

It's $23M in profit share as agreed in their contract and $27M which Tronical is claiming for its losses as a result of Gibson's breach of contract. The latter would have been due by 2026 under their agreement.

I can't find Gibson's position on it.

Same old tuna: Sue! Sue! Sue!.........I never thought these tuners would increase sales for Gibson and would never consider buying a guitar with one, unless it was a "dirt cheap" deal for a sweet guitar. Don't know any people who have one or would even want one. I play some songs in Drop D and I just tune by ear. A couple turns up and I'm back in E. Sure, it's just one string, but if a guy like me can do it, then someone who can actually play a guitar would likely be able to do whatever tuning they like and if not by ear then with a tuner. I would have expected Taylor with its more "new age" image to do this, but I was surprised to see Gibson.......Hope the lawsuit turns-out favorable for Gibson, as they are struggling right now.

A solution for a problem that didn’t exist

Thought up by someone who doesn’t play guitar

Instant bbq’s

Cappuccino in a packet

There’s beauty and art in certain things , no one needed self tuning guitars

I just summon one of my five guitar techs on retainer for tuning.

Archived