Gibson Brands Forums

I want to amplify my CF-100

intoku

Haven't posted for many years now as I haven't had a gibson for some time now. I am asking opinions on installing electrics in my new old buddy 1953 CF-100.

I have a baggs dual in my Larrivee OMC 09 and like the sound and sound hole controls but that is a rosewood axe and this is a mahog puppy. I don't expect to be performing, just the occasional home party hoedown hootnanny. Also like to play through the computer so volume doesn't disturb the home front. Any opinions would be helpful. Have had the fishman blend but bar across the soundhole did disturb the acoustic enjoyment somewhat. Glad to be back

Welcome back..

I have had good luck with Fishman Infinity pickups

The are pretty simple in design / use, controls in the sound hole, and not a lot of material inside the guitar. which is good, you don't want to have any sympathetic vibrations messing with your tone. I had an LR Baggs Anthem in my SJ200, it was a rattle trap.. drove me crazy.. Took it out, and replaced it with an infinity. uses a 9volt, and battery life is better than decent in my op.

• 3 months later...

Best natural sounding and accurate reproduction I have found is with B-Band system. They developed a new material that works differently than other materials used for pickups and the result is great. Has a very wide frequency response and dynamic range and gives a very natural reproduction of the sound. Price has come down to about $165, and well worth it IMO. Check them out, they have several systems for under saddle or under bridge. Just put B-band in your search engine.

Archived