Gibson Brands Forums

Are stock strings on a 2017 Les Paul Standard Brite Wires or Daddario?

EddieNYC

The correct answer might be YES to both!.. We've heard many rumors, but none that I know for sure are actually true, that D'Addario makes Gibson Strings..

It would make sense as I don't think Gibson has worried much about manufacturing strings for quite a while now.

For the D’addario strings it would be the normal uncoated XL then? I have clear tones on now which are coated but I want to try I coated again. But I want to try the d’’addario ones either way since they seem like that could be current stock string.

No - it started off something like Gibson buys strings in bulk and it depends which ones they are using at a given point in time.

Called the next day and somesome said brite wire but may have been clear tone because they have used them.

Called today and someone said d’Addario and sounded the most certain.

I don't understand why it matters what Gibson puts on guitars at the factory. They are just place holders till you get some good strings. If you want something that really sounds good try RotoSound...

What he said.

Who cares what's on there.

Put what you want. Or put on what you want to try.

Problem solved.

Or you can just keep calling Gibson. And complaining.

as far as I know, (I think I saw it on a demo vid for D'Addario some time back) they will only use the color'd ball ends on their own strings.

Strings they make for other companies that will put their own names on them, they just use plain brass.

as far as I know, (I think I saw it on a demo vid for D'Addario some time back) they will only use the color'd ball ends on their own strings.

Strings they make for other companies that will put their own names on them, they just use plain brass.

There you go.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 2017 Les Paul STANDARD and got BRITE-WIRES out of the box. I recently bought a 2018 ES-335 and it had D'Addario's on it , a set of .46-.10's to be precise. And just to make a point, IDK what was actually on the Les Paul....I imagine they were Brite-Wires but IDK for sure. The reason I know D'Ad's were on the ES-335, obviously, was the multi-color of the Ball Ends on the strings (Duh!).

I have no idea what the stock strings on a 2017 Les Paul are, but I can tell you this: The Gibson Les Paul pure nickel wound strings with the crimson silk-wrapped ends are absolutely gorgeous.

No doubt, in these times, where the quality standard for guitar strings is so darn high (because there are only two or so major factories producing them world-wide), you can do hardly go wrong when it comes down to buying guitar strings. A fresh set of new strings in your preferred gauge on your Les Paul will always sound good pretty much no matter the brand.

SEG-LPS-9-12-750__85230.1350661820.jpg

I have no idea what the stock strings on a 2017 Les Paul are, but I can tell you this: The Gibson Les Paul pure nickel wound strings with the crimson silk-wrapped ends are absolutely gorgeous.

No doubt, in these times, where the quality standard for guitar strings is so darn high (because there are only two or so major factories producing them world-wide), you can do hardly go wrong when it comes down to buying guitar strings. A fresh set of new strings in your preferred gauge on your Les Paul will always sound good pretty much no matter the brand.

SEG-LPS-9-12-750__85230.1350661820.jpg

I've used these in the past too, the red silk is a nice touch.. but I don't think Gibson has actually made their own strings, if they ever did, for many years. I'm pretty sure, once you get past the package, and the pretty red silk winding, you'll find D'Addario strings. I saw a vid from D'Addario where they did mention the "other" names they make strings for.. pretty sure our pals Gibson was on that list.

I've used these in the past too, the red silk is a nice touch.. but I don't think Gibson has actually made their own strings, if they ever did, for many years. I'm pretty sure, once you get past the package, and the pretty red silk winding, you'll find D'Addario strings. I saw a vid from D'Addario where they did mention the "other" names they make strings for.. pretty sure our pals Gibson was on that list.

Oh, for sure. But I don't see anything wrong with getting your strings manufactured for you with your specs at D'Addario's factories. That's what most brands do after all.

The first thing I do get a new guitar home is put new strings on it anyway. In my case it's Earnie Ball Super Slinky

Same here. All I know is that the ones that came with my 2017 and 2018 Les Pauls had colored ends.

Oh, for sure. But I don't see anything wrong with getting your strings manufactured for you with your specs at D'Addario's factories. That's what most brands do after all.

yep, I think that's also exactly right. While we are on the subject, has any one tried strings from "String Joy"? I've considered ordering a pack or 2

Archived