Gibson Brands Forums

Bob Dylan’s Latest Gig: Making Whiskey

Boyd

Ah don’t be like that

I didn't mean it in a BAD way. I've already bragged about him being a Capitalist. I am too.

More power to him.

I just doubt he's got much to do with the whiskey making process.

I didn't mean it in a BAD way. I've already bragged about him being a Capitalist. I am too.

More power to him.

I just doubt he's got much to do with the whiskey making process.

Apparently it was his idea to make it taste like you were in something wooden

Glad they read that as a barn and not a coffin

When Dylan buys a distillery on Islay, I'll be standing in line. Until then, ... not so much.

My whisky tastes have evolved over the last 50 years, even if I haven't.

E volved?

Scotch whisky to me always has too much a hint of licking the back of a Donegal pub fireplace

I’m a fan of bourbon so I can’t help but want some of bobs

I think of it more like burying my face in a peat bog.

There's a certain sophistication among Scotch (single malt) scotch drinkers that I have always admired. Have wished many times that I could join that club, but the stuff always reminds me of the bouquet of paint thinner. Never having imbibed paint thinner, I can't compare the two in that regard, but it tastes to me like paint thinner smells. Is that convoluted or what?

When Dylan buys a distillery on Islay, I'll be standing in line. Until then, ... not so much.

Pretty hard to beat an Islay malt. I try to always have at least a bottle of Lagavulin and one of Laphroaig on hand, and a couple others for variety.

Kind of did all my drinking all at once... I need Dylan to make some good dark roast coffee beans.

Fort the record I've been spending time learning 'Bob Dylan's 115th(?) Dream' - not a hard song to play, but what a fun song to sing!

Kind of did all my drinking all at once... I need Dylan to make some good dark roast coffee beans.

Fort the record I've been spending time learning 'Bob Dylan's 115th(?) Dream' - not a hard song to play, but what a fun song to sing!

BD’s 115th Dream or whatever it is called is a classic! And, yes...waiting on a good coffer blend from BD with the theme song being One More Cup of Coffee (for the road, before I go, to the valley below.)

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

BD’s 115th Dream or whatever it is called is a classic! And, yes...waiting on a good coffee blend from BD with the theme song being One More Cup of Coffee (for the road, before I go, to the valley below.)

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Em7's mate Donovan was a big admirer of the neatness of the cut peat on the Isle of Islay.

Em7's mate Donovan was a big admirer of the neatness of the cut peat on the Isle of Islay.

Yes, excellent memory - still find that passage the most gentle and sensitive piece of the entire golden era.

How blessed the forest with bird-song

How neat the cut peat laid so long

Not much booze in that tune however.

Call him drunken Ira Hayes

He won't answer anymore

Not the whiskey drinking Indian

or the marine that went to war

Not from Bob's ink-well, but he delivered it damn good.

Up to anybody to remember the song.

Great song. Johnny Cash originally did it to my recollection.

Yep, Cash didn't write it, but like everything else he ever did, once you heard it you THOUGHT he did.

Call him drunken Ira Hayes

He won't answer anymore

Not the whiskey drinking Indian

or the marine that went to war

Not from Bob's ink-well, but he delivered it damn good.

Up to anybody to remember the song.

Written by Peter Lafarge, one of the lesser-known lights of the NY folk revival scene of the early 60's. He has a pretty startling biography, which bears reading on Wikipedia. Sort of a Zelig-like tendency to show up at important junctures.

Written by Peter Lafarge, one of the lesser-known lights of the NY folk revival scene of the early 60's. He has a pretty startling biography, which bears reading on Wikipedia. Sort of a Zelig-like tendency to show up at important junctures.

He any relation to pokey ?

He any relation to pokey ?

No. Pokey LaFarge is a stage name, like Bob Dylan. It would not be too surprising, however, if Pokey in some way adopted the LaFarge name in part as an indirect homage to the earlier singer/songwriter, much as Dylan did with the poet Dylan Thomas.

Archived