Gibson Brands Forums

Bob Dylan’s Latest Gig: Making Whiskey

Boyd

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/business/media/bob-dylan-heavens-door.html

"Next month, he and Mr. Dylan will introduce Heaven’s Door, a collection of three whiskeys — a straight rye, a straight bourbon and a “double-barreled” whiskey. They are Mr. Dylan’s entry into the booming celebrity-branded spirits market, the latest career twist for an artist who has spent five decades confounding expectations.

Mr. Dylan is not simply licensing his name. He is a full partner in the business, Heaven’s Door Spirits"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/business/media/bob-dylan-heavens-door.html

"Next month, he and Mr. Dylan will introduce Heaven’s Door, a collection of three whiskeys — a straight rye, a straight bourbon and a “double-barreled” whiskey. They are Mr. Dylan’s entry into the booming celebrity-branded spirits market, the latest career twist for an artist who has spent five decades confounding expectations.

Mr. Dylan is not simply licensing his name. He is a full partner in the business, Heaven’s Door Spirits"

My only concern is I hope he doesn’t use Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door as the alcohol brand’s theme song. I like that song and do not want people (or me) thinking about an alcohol brand when I play the song at gigs. Although, Dylan might and it is his song.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

My only concern is I hope he doesn’t use Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door as the alcohol brand’s theme song. I like that song and do not want people (or me) thinking about an alcohol brand when I play the song at gigs. Although, Dylan might and it is his song.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

On Friday I was listening to a Jimmy Page remix of Rock and Roll after thinking it might sound good.

Nope, still totally ****ing ruined.

Sitting here wondering if there's any whiskey in Dylan's catalog. Can't seem to find a single bottle, , , or shot.

Then again my inner library only goes to Slow Train and Saved so others might chime in with clues.

Flatbarogue may be the one to ask. Something tells me he knows every shelf in Bob D's bar.

Drink this stuff enough & you'll be at Heaven's Door a little sooner than expected [laugh]

Yea, that trunk sure has double-bottom. Too many entries in W-heaven will send you downstairs, , , to more than heavy-hang-over-hell. .

Dylan is a Capitalist.

And a darned good one. I saw him live a year or two ago and he was selling all kinds of crap for BIG money. I bought some.

And he worked for I.B.M. doing some commercials as well.

[thumbup]

Tequila's more my genre, especially since my wife got tired of putting up with/apologizing for/doing damage control on my somewhat less than inhibited bourbon exploits (😨), but DAMN!

So you chose TQ a liquor that makes people do the most crazy irrational stuff, good choice.

So you chose TQ a liquor that makes people do the most crazy irrational stuff, good choice.

Go figure! I learned to drink good tequila years ago from partying with my Mexican friends. The good stuff would come out very late, after the lightweights and amateurs had gone home or passed out on the lawn. It's always been my "second wind" drink of choice, and doesn't inspire the outrageous antics I've noticed in many people. On the other hand, bartenders who know me won't let me get started on Gentleman Jack😒

Archived