Gibson Brands Forums

Photobucket still en vougue?

Gitarpik

Hi, I was a newcomer yesterday. I see the sticky about using Photobucket to submit pix. This morning I tried to begin a trial subscription and it seems broken.

Is Photobucket still the current model?

I wanted to send pix of a custom shop LP I got used and know nothing about except that it's beautiful. Any problem with my simply sending e-mail with pix attached?

Thanks-

Hi, I was a newcomer yesterday. I see the sticky about using Photobucket to submit pix. This morning I tried to begin a trial subscription and it seems broken.

Welcome to the boards! I believe photobucket started charging to host photos, so everyone bailed out of that site. There are other free photo-hosting sites you can use. Search, and ye shall find. Yeah, let's see that LP!

Thanks Cougar- I used Shutterfly, got pix sent in, and already got feedback from Pip about the Custom Shop LP I wanted to know about. I'll admit, I was a little apprehensive about broadcasting the serial number and details; I got this used for what I suppose was a very low price and I have always wondered if it might have been stolen (I bought it from a store, however).- what if I get a reply "yes this LP was reported stolen and XXXX has been looking for it these many long years..." What happens in a case like that? Have you ever known it to happen?

Thanks-

...I was a little apprehensive about broadcasting the serial number and details; I got this used for what I suppose was a very low price ... what if ... "yes this LP was reported stolen and XXXX has been looking for it these many long years..." What happens in a case like that? Have you ever known it to happen?

No, I've never heard it, but I'm no authority. Your scenario does seem to present a reason to keep the last three digits of the serial number 'secret'. Of course, defacing the label at all would be a major flaw, causing a good drop in value, I should think.... Blurring them out in photos is sometimes done - nothing wrong with being safe, even if it's for an unlikely occurrence....

Just a little eye candy.... msp_cool.gif

swsd03.jpg

Archived