Gibson Brands Forums

Blue Les Paul

crust

thank you for any and all replies. I like this one also, it has a 'belly cut" and doesn't bruise my guts too much. lol :)

sJm5Fdy.jpg?1

this thing is 1 of the very most comfortable guitars i have ever had the pleasure to make noise with, actually. Not too many finger cramps or fatigue or pains, after plunking on this thing, very good fit to my old hand, which I also like, and it sounds pretty excellent, And, even though the color/finish is kind of a nice shade, but is a little 'bland", to me, I believe that is a good description of that shade of light blue, not terrible, but also not too fancy with 'figuring" or flame or any other kind of stuff like that.and stuff, but it is pretty OK, to me, like that. . Do you like plainly finished things or more of a figured top ? I like both, about the same. This thing sounds very OK to myself, also. Thanks again :)

I believe that is a good description of that shade of light blue, not terrible, but also not too fancy with 'figuring" or flame or any other kind of stuff like that.and stuff, but it is pretty OK, to me, like that. . Do you like plainly finished things or more of a figured top ? I like both, about the same. This thing sounds very OK to myself, also. Thanks again :) [/size]

Most people love flame tops, but they're ubiquitous. I'm bored with them now. Quilts can look ok if its not too extreme. Plain grain or solid colour is fine.

Nothing wrong with a solid color. I think the most important part is that you find it to be a great player guitar with a sound you dig.

I have a solid color, alpine white. I was thinking of getting an LP standard with some sort of burst, but the solid colored studio was the best player and best sounding of all the guitars I tried at the time...and frankly better than most guitars I've played since.

Archived