Gibson Brands Forums

Cable question if it’s ok to ask that here

EddieNYC

I have a LP, a tube screamer, and a Marshall 5 watt DSL amp and am looking to get new cables. I only play seated in my basement for fun.

I was looking to get a 10 foot right angle that I can use to go straight to an Amp or to a pedal. For the next cable I was probably going straight plug and thought about a 6 foot cable.

This probably sounds dumb asking about lengths but I have heard that longer cables can diminish the sound.

1) is the comment on length hurting tone meant for each cable, or both cables combined? I

2) If it’s combined should I go as short as possible from the pedal to the Amp with 3 ft, or am I fine with 6 ft that gives me a little more flexibility.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a LP, a tube screamer, and a Marshall 5 watt DSL amp and am looking to get new cables. I only play seated in my basement for fun.

I was looking to get a 10 foot right angle that I can use to go straight to an Amp or to a pedal. For the next cable I was probably going straight plug and thought about a 6 foot cable.

This probably sounds dumb asking about lengths but I have heard that longer cables can diminish the sound.

1) is the comment on length hurting tone meant for each cable, or both cables combined? I

2) If it’s combined should I go as short as possible from the pedal to the Amp with 3 ft, or am I fine with 6 ft that gives me a little more flexibility.

Thanks,

Mike

The 6ft one is fine. Better to have a little more length than not enough.

Archived