Gibson Brands Forums

New 2007 LP Standard Premium 50's neck

Hoopsnake1

Hi all - I just bought a 2007 LP Standard Preimium (+?) completely unplayed. Not even a surface scratch and still smells like cake :) I've verified the serial number and the "pre-pack checklist" says LP5PHSNK1 Anyway - the guy I bought it from said it recently came directly from Gibson to the guy he buys from - and Gibson evidently stores or keeps unsold inventory - and can sell later. 11 years though?!? Sounds pretty far fetched - but I can't imagine someone buying it sitting completely unplayed for 11 years. It certainly looks like it. A couple questions for you guys. 1. I'm guessing by the LP5PHSNK1 model no. indicates it's a 2007 Premium (not Premium Plus) although the flame is gorgeous and goes all the way up and down to the ends of the top. I know their wood grading is subjective. Also - I found that after 2006 most of the USA LP's are chambered weight relieved. This one doesn't seem to be - if that's possible. I've played chambered ones and this feels and sounds different. It's 8.6 lbs. and just giving it the knocking on the top it sure sounds like it the old "swiss cheese" weight relieving. It's a beauty - plays and sounds awesome and I got a great deal on it. Thanks - Dennis

post-44495-055317600 1525302207_thumb.jpg

I don't know how to verify anything you are asking, but man that is a nice guitar!

I wouldn't be surprised if Gibson has tons of overstock hiding away somewhere in their warehouse. I would love to know if they have any 2013 SG Deluxe guitars stashed away :)

Thanks... Oh - one other thing. I had a non-weight relieved (9.9 lbs) 2013 LP Traditional which of course also has the "50's neck" - nothing even close to this one. The 2013 Traditional was a huge compared to this 2007 Standard "50's neck" profile - which I much prefer along with the lighter weight.

I guess this answers my question.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNPLAYED-Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Top-2007-Heritage-Cherry-OHSC-NOS-/273194055490?hash=item3f9ba27742%3Ag%3AvbgAAOSwZ5Ra7JCr&nma=true&si=Xo%252B0mn5FXReACiSINLB%252FYem4Ixw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

UNPLAYED! Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus Top 2007 Heritage Cherry + OHSC! NOS!

Lovies Guitars is offering up this gorgeous 2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus Top in Heritage Cherry! This guitar has a AA Flame Top which really pops out nicely! These Burstbucker Pro's are some of the best pickups that Gibson has ever put in their Les Paul's! This guitar is amazing! It’s what we call “New Old Stock” which just basically means that Gibson found it in the back of the warehouse, whether it didn’t sell or they forgot about it, they sold it to vendors and shops and so it’s in brand new condition it just doesn’t come with a warranty. These were great years for Gibson, the shear quality and feel of the guitars were out of this world! You’re essentially getting a brand new guitar for the price of a used! See many detailed photos included!

Beautiful score [wub] - congrats!

I'm not sure if a single P indicates Premium or Plus. In case of my wildly flamed 2012 Standard it means the latter, and she also has brown streaks along the treble side of the body like yours.

Made in 2007 your guitar could easily be chambered.

Have fun playing your pretty NOS guitar! [thumbup]

Very pretty guitar, Hoopsnake. I'm delighted to hear you enjoy it so much, too!

...I found that after 2006 most of the USA LP's are chambered weight relieved. This one doesn't seem to be - if that's possible. I've played chambered ones and this feels and sounds different. It's 8.6 lbs. and just giving it the knocking on the top it sure sounds like it the old "swiss cheese" weight relieving...

As you have already found out; with the exception of the Traditional model the chambering method of construction was used on the vast majority of USA-line Les Paul models post-October (?) 2006. Latterly some other models reverted to either 'Traditional Weight Relief' or 'Modern Weight Relief' construction but a 2007 LP Standard will, without a doubt, be chambered. 8.6 lbs is about normal for a chambered Standard. A 9-hole LP, for instance, would almost always be in the "9 lbs +" side of things and just as likely to be over 9 1/2 lbs as under it. There are some chambered LPs which weigh in at the high-7 lbs end of the scale but from what I've seen written in various places the majority seem to be in the mid 8 lbs range.

Pip.

Archived