Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson files Chapter 11 bankruptcy

BigKahune

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One way or another, it sounds like Henry is likely to be out after a transition year. It seems like the "lifestyle company" approach may not be the right answer for a company whose brand is built around making and selling guitars.

One way or another, it sounds like Henry is likely to be out after a transition year. It seems like the "lifestyle company" approach may not be the right answer for a company whose brand is built around making and selling guitars.

Hi folks, things are actually ok on the ground here - just chiming to let you that we're going to move this to the thread on The Lounge. Thanks for the comments.

Hi folks, things are actually ok on the ground here - just chiming to let you that we're going to move this to the thread on The Lounge. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks for the reassuring post. I am finalizing my M2M order today. Just doing my part. msp_smile.gif

Gibson WILL survive...

It will, I’m sure, but not without massive change to their business practices. I just hope that Bozeman survives as a Gibson plant...I’ve heard all sorts of rumours but we’ll see the truth for ourselves before too long.

I saw this on another forum.. Not sure if its real

I browsed the Financial Times website. I could not find that article, however, it is a pay for website so I can't say for sure whether or not that article exists. My opinion is that is probably a photoshop.

All that said, I'd be interested in Joe heading up Gibson.

“The company said it had debts of between $100m and $500m, including owing at least $100,000 to 26 other companies. It also said it has agreements with holders of more than 69% of its debt that would allow it to continue to operate.”

Gibson is still my favorite guitar maker and I definitely hope the brand continues and continues to be built here in America.

Yeah totally... From what I see at least they did not go into liquidation.. Which means its just a re-structuring and possibly new management. Which in the end hopefully will be a good thing for Gibson..

I know what its like to go through this sort of company change.. Its happened to me and is very unnerving to be in that situation.

I wish all the best for the people involved and im hoping that out of the ashes as such, Gibson get back to focusing on exactly what they are great at.. Making guitars that kick your arse [thumbup]

According to the USA Today article, "... Known for providing instruments to stars such as Elvis Presley, BB King, Keith Richards, Pete Townshend, Lenny Kravitz and Rabs on the Gibson Forum, Gibson sells more than 170,000 guitars annually in more than 80 countries, according to a court filing...

[biggrin]

According to the USA Today article, "... Known for providing instruments to stars such as Elvis Presley, BB King, Keith Richards, Pete Townshend, Lenny Kravitz and Rabs on the Gibson Forum, Gibson sells more than 170,000 guitars annually in more than 80 countries, according to a court filing...

[biggrin]

Lol... No I just talk about them a lot... :) However if the new Gisbon management want to endorse me or copy any of my guitar designs, that would be fine ;)

Archived