Gibson Brands Forums

LES paul studio faded 2010

Guido-Italy

Hello.

You cant really judge by the year... Every guitar is slightly different and every year there will be good and bad examples out there... And good and bad depends on what your personal preferences are which is slightly different for everyone.

If you can you must go and play it first.

For instance I think those guitars have 50s style necks which means if you like slim necks you may not like it just because of that..

In saying all of that I have a 2010 Standard which is a great guitar... :)

Good luck.

Buanasera!

Actually, Rabs, mate, the 2010 Faded Studios had something in between the 50s baseball bat necks and the 60s slim taper profile, according to them lot here: https://reverb.com/item/1421499-gibson-les-paul-studio-faded-2010-worn-cherry.

But, agreed: you should try it first. If for no other reason to check the frets and overall condition, seeing as it's a 2018, and hence eight or nine years old.

Burstbucker Pro's apparently aren't for everyone, but I diddled with pickup height a few months ago on a guitar with BB Pro's, and set according to exact specs, they now sound ABSOLUTELY amazing. They take some dialling in, but set to specs (2.6 mm on the neck pickup, 1.6 mm on the bridge pickup, on both sides), they're great. In my opinion, at least. If I'm not here to help you with the pickup set-up at the time, someone else will be.

If the price is right and it's in good shape,go for it.

And welcome to the forum!

Thanks guys

Big neck is not a problem for , cause I owned a Febder Telecasetr 52 reissue that has a very big neck with radius 0f 7,25 "

This afternonn or tomorrow morning I see and try it anf finally I think buy.

Then I'll tell you my first impressions.

Other cons what strings is better for Les Paul ? I generally prefer pure nickeò, are not easy to found where I live in shop.

Thanks guys

Big neck is not a problem for , cause I owned a Febder Telecasetr 52 reissue that has a very big neck with radius 0f 7,25 "

This afternonn or tomorrow morning I see and try it anf finally I think buy.

Then I'll tell you my first impressions.

Other cons what strings is better for Les Paul ? I generally prefer pure nickeò, are not easy to found where I live in shop.

I doubt the neck will be that big, anyway.

I think the 2010 models came with Britewires, 10-46. The last few years, they've come with a 9-46 hybrid set of Britewires.

I believe D'Addarios are basically the same thing. For a Les Paul, I'd go with D'Addario 10-46s. Just personal preference.

With other guitar I go with pure nickel string , or Gibson vintage reissue or DR ,

Pure nickel string Make too dark sound with LES Paul.

Mamy friend in Italy on varie guitar use Elixir optiweb or D'ADDARIO NYXL.

War do giù thank atout this two ?

With other guitar I go with pure nickel string , or Gibson vintage reissue or DR ,

Pure nickel string Make too dark sound with LES Paul.

Mamy friend in Italy on varie guitar use Elixir optiweb or D'ADDARIO NYXL.

War do giù thank atout this two ?

No idea. I only use regular D'Addarios.

Archived