Gibson Brands Forums

Knobs needed for 2014 LP traditional pro

Hi guys,

Returning here after a long time. I never really got to use my LP.Thankfully I am healed from heart issues that prevented me from carrying this heavy guitar around.

I took it to the Luthier for set up & he found one of the volume knobs just fell off .He also said the other 3 knobs were cracked & said that whoever installed it in the factory forced it way too deep in & so he has been hunting for new knobs to replace the old ones.After ordering a set he found that they did not fit in & were too tight unlike the usual LPs he has dealt with for several years.So my guitar is gently weeping at the store in search of the( piece of) knobs ! Can anyone tell me where I can find the right size that can fit my gold color 2014 LP.

BTW the Luthier is a well experienced guy but was surprised that the regular knobs did not fit in.\!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Returning here after a long time. I never really got to use my LP.Thankfully I am healed from heart issues that prevented me from carrying this heavy guitar around.

I took it to the Luthier for set up & he found one of the volume knobs just fell off .He also said the other 3 knobs were cracked & said that whoever installed it in the factory forced it way too deep in & so he has been hunting for new knobs to replace the old ones.After ordering a set he found that they did not fit in & were too tight unlike the usual LPs he has dealt with for several years.So my guitar is gently weeping at the store in search of the( piece of) knobs ! Can anyone tell me where I can find the right size that can fit my gold color 2014 LP.

BTW the Luthier is a well experienced guy but was surprised that the regular knobs did not fit in.\!

Bump!

Strange, as the shafts should be relatively standard. Is this LP all stock? no mods? Have you checked Stewart MacDonald? They should have something to fit.

Thanks for your response.Yes this is all stock & no mods.I have emailed Gibson & waiting for their response.I will check with Stewart.Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I'm puzzled... it is a late model LP 2014... any Gibson brand knob should fit the CTS pots... fine 24-spline. Been this way since beginning of time. Well, almost. msp_rolleyes.gif

If it is not a Gibson... then imports usually have the coarse 18-spline.

Archived