Gibson Brands Forums

Truss rod cover

JSW

My 09 truss rod cover says Es-335, I have seen other 09s that have a blank truss rod cover. Any reason for this?

Mine is a black satin finish so no binding on the neck. Really, mine would be a plain Jane finish overall.

I just was curious.

Jim

• 2 months later...

A lot of people replace the truss rod cover for whatever reason. It's easy to do and inexpensive and maybe they just like the look of a plain one? Some people get custom ones made with their nickname on it etc. Not sure what the standard from the factory was in '09 for a 335, plain or marked, but you will see all sorts of different truss rod covers.

A lot of people replace the truss rod cover for whatever reason. It's easy to do and inexpensive and maybe they just like the look of a plain one? ...

This is what I do - I just love plain truss rod covers. [thumbup]

My 09 truss rod cover says Es-335, I have seen other 09s that have a blank truss rod cover. Any reason for this?

Mine is a black satin finish so no binding on the neck. Really, mine would be a plain Jane finish overall.

I just was curious.

Jim

First are they the same model, cause there are a lot of ES-335 models. You can also buy an after market one if you don't like the ES-335 one.

Archived