Gibson Brands Forums

Gold top

Alexc

Thank you revolution six yes I know if this beauty the Fort Knox bullion 24 k gold plated I shud have grabbed one when they first came out I was offered a good deal but but bought a standard hp I was looking in the window of a shop it had just closed and I noticed a Gibson Goldtop 2012 with all the hardware gold but nothing written on the trus rod bell cover so I want to know if it’s real or don’t have a serial number yet I have to go back to get it but si CE I am disabled it’s difficult to get there. Thank you so much A C

Thank you revolution six yes I know if this beauty the Fort Knox bullion 24 k gold plated I shud have grabbed one when they first came out I was offered a good deal but but bought a standard hp I was looking in the window of a shop it had just closed and I noticed a Gibson Goldtop 2012 with all the hardware gold but nothing written on the trus rod bell cover so I want to know if it’s real or don’t have a serial number yet I have to go back to get it but si CE I am disabled it’s difficult to get there. Thank you so much A C

Hey Alex;

I can't find anything on the net for 2012-2013 gold tops with that spec (Gibson doesn't always list all the oddities), but I do kinda remember some gold tops with gold hardware a while back. They were prob a special run for one of the big box stores. Could be one of those (if Im recalling correctly). If you can post some pics or links to the vender site we can probably help you out a bit more.

Johnny

Archived