Gibson Brands Forums

More Gibson Swag

drathbun

Sorry for the double post and the large image. It is hard to believe that in 2018 I could be describing online technologies as PRIMITIVE! However, that is exactly the case with this post. Since Photobucket lost its mind about a year ago and everyone scrambled to find a platform to post images on forums, I settled on Imgur. Imgur is great when you are using a personal computer (Mac or PC), but when you are using a mobile device, it is totally primitive. It is unbelievable to me that they could NOT add the same functionality to their mobile app as they do to their web interface. When using a computer on the web, you simply upload your image, click on the uploaded image and you get a series of "link" options, including one for BBCode. Just click and it stores it in the clipboard for a quick CTRL-V paste into your message.

Try to do that in the mobile app and the copied link refuses to be pasted into this forum, so you paste it into a note and copy out the URL and then put "" brackets around it and it still doesn't work. The forum complains that the extension isn't allowed. Plus the fact that the mobile version of this forum doesn't have ANY of the tools for posting you have on PC or Mac. So I guess tossing the PC or Mac for a totally mobile (phone, tablet) based computing environment is still another few decades off in the future.

Very cool! I have a ton of G&L swag - everything from picks to banners to shirts and even one of their stomp boxes they sent me - but the only Gibson stuff I have other than some 1950s string boxes I found in cases is a pin which they distributed in the 1960s. A friend who owned a small store found it and gave to me.

Very cool! I have a ton of G&L swag - everything from picks to banners to shirts and even one of their stomp boxes they sent me - but the only Gibson stuff I have other than some 1950s string boxes I found in cases is a pin which they distributed in the 1960s. A friend who owned a small store found it and gave to me.

Cool! I have swag from Gibson, Taylor, Fender, Bose, Sennheiser, Elixir and on and on. But, nothing from Martin. Can't afford it.

Archived