Gibson Brands Forums

"Streamlined Woman" No 2.

BluesKing777

Thanks very much KC, Murph and Scriv!

I am itching to get a pickup in the Waterloo so I can use it with my Tonedexter. But I just got my car back from repairs to ripping the sump off on a drain cover....and that was not cheap!

I should also warn Gassers that the neck on the WL-14x is the wonderful but feared large V like a 36 Kalamazoo. I have read that Collings have rounded them off a fraction for WL-12s - correct me if I am wrong, Scriv.....

Mine is the perfect Collings build with glue smears added after to look like a Zoo.. [mellow] .....just a great guitar for me to play, really easy to record as it throws notes out front!

BluesKing777.

i bought the wl-14 ladder brace 2 years ago- sublime tone but the sharp v profile bit into my thumb joint in a way with which i could not abide...i know i know flimsy modern americans

Ha!

Flimsy! [flapper]

It wasn’t you that shaved the V bit off my old L-0, eh? [mellow]

The neck of my Waterloo is the spitting image of the neck on my 35 Gibson L50! Interchangable! (I better re-check that, has been its case.......)

I bought the Martin 000-17 Black Smoke a couple of years back....same kind of paint job but the new skinny neck and more of a ....Martin.ish sound.

BluesKing777.

Thanks Billroy!

I should also mention the 1 3/4" nut and 2 3/8" bridge spacing as well as the V - can be known to make grown men/women weep..... [flapper]

Bill Collings was a genius to bring these out - blues and roots players have been buying and building all kinds of things but now....pick which Waterloo u want! Mahogany, Maple, Cherry lightweights - the whole 30s Zoo catalogue Plus++++ Collings build quality....

BluesKing777.

Archived