Gibson Brands Forums: Epiphone Les Paul 100 question - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epiphone Les Paul 100 question

Poll: Epiphone Les Paul 100 question (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Was it a fair price?

1. Yes (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. No (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   alfro123 

• Group: All Access

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

Hi! I'm making this post because I just bought a used les paul 100 for $150 and wanted to know if it as a good deal. I'm new to the whole buying guitars thing, so.. yeah! The lp is the ebony version with Seymour Duncan 59s' (although I'm not sure if that's true, since I don't know how to recognize them), the area where the tuners are is discolored 'till about half way, you can still see the branding , but it has a yellow tint. The neck isn't straight with the body (don't know hot to fix it properly, although I think it wont be that hard). It has a few dinks and a lot of surface scratches, but I thinks they'll easily buff off. And, the think that concerns me the most, in guitardaterproject.or-g/epiphone.aspx the serial number is unrecognized, is it possible it's a fake? I looked up signs of this, but it all seems to be original, or at least the obvious signs. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   brad1 

• Resident Tin Whacker
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

150 is a lot to pay for that model imo.
If it has SD pickups tan that might well be worth it. But you say you don't know if they are. Find out. That's incredibly important to know in order to answer your question.
Guitar data project does not have a lot of dates so you shouldn't be worried about that at all.
The thing you should be worried about the most is the thing you seem to the less worried about. The neck. THAT could turn out to be a huge problem.
Life's Distractions/Pleasures:
Guitars: 2006 Epiphone Ebony G400, 1997 Epiphone Cherry SG Junior, 2007 Epiphone Cherry Dot, 1996 Fender Black MIM Traditional Stratocaster, 2008 VM Squier Olympic White SSH Telecaster, 2011 Jackson Gun Metal Gray JS32R Dinky (FR), 2014 Gibson Fireburst Satin SGJ, 2014 Epiphone Wildkat, 2015 Xaviere XV-500 Trans. Green, 2015 Red Flamed G&L Ascari GTS, 2016 Lake Placid Blue Fender Standard Telecaster, 2016 Gibson T LP Studio Faded Fireburst,2017 Fender Standard Plus Top HSS Tobacco Burst, 1985 George Washburn Dreadnought, 2014 Washburn WD10 SCE Acoustic/Electric, 2005 Ibanez Trans-Blue Burst GSR200 FM Bass
Amps:
VOX AD30VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Orange Micro Terror, Peavey ValveKing II MicroHead , Quilter Toneblock 200, Hughes & Kettner Tubmeister 18 Head, Marshall DSL 15H, Bugera Infinium V22, Acoustic B100 Bass Combo, Cabs: Bugera 112TS, Peavey 112, Hughs & Kettner TM110, Orange PPC108

Drums: 1977 Ludwig 5 Piece Butcher Block, 2015 Roland TD- 1KV, Remo 12-inch Djembe, bongos, maracas, and a multitude of other percussion instruments.

#3 User is offline   Pinch 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:12 AM

The above.

Define "not straight with the body"?

#4 User is offline   mihcmac 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

View Postalfro123, on 22 May 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hi! I'm making this post because I just bought a used les paul 100 for $150 and wanted to know if it as a good deal. I'm new to the whole buying guitars thing, so.. yeah! The lp is the ebony version with Seymour Duncan 59s' (although I'm not sure if that's true, since I don't know how to recognize them), the area where the tuners are is discolored 'till about half way, you can still see the branding , but it has a yellow tint. The neck isn't straight with the body (don't know hot to fix it properly, although I think it wont be that hard). It has a few dinks and a lot of surface scratches, but I thinks they'll easily buff off. And, the think that concerns me the most, in guitardaterproject.or-g/epiphone.aspx the serial number is unrecognized, is it possible it's a fake? I looked up signs of this, but it all seems to be original, or at least the obvious signs. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Since the Les Paul 100 has a bolt on neck, not a set neck, it is conceivable that it could have gotten out of position while someone was working on it, but not that hard to realign with the strings.Not that unusual with bolt on necks.

This post has been edited by mihcmac: 13 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

P-90's Rule.... Posted Image Posted Image But not for everyone...

#5 User is offline   mihcmac 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

Not bad LP with bolt on,Tapered Heel; 4 bolt recessed neck for $150 specially if it has Duncan's..

Posted Image

P-90's Rule.... Posted Image Posted Image But not for everyone...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users