Gibson Brands Forums

>> NGD: 2018 J45 (w/ Pics) <<

SkyRider

Finally got me a J-45...again.

Had few J45’s in the past and I don’t know why I ever sold them...well I am hopeful this one will stick around. Perhaps just me but it seems burst has gotten better recently. Or maybe mine is just special :)

Also to note, 2018 case is now brown as shown in picture and case candy has changed. No more pack of strings but now they include a strap, pick holder, towel, and most important... TRUSSROD TOOL!!! In the past it was pain to find one local thin enough to fit. I’m glad it’s included now. Also I don’t recall from the other ones I have owned but the body binding on this one is but more yellow in person. Me like it!

Tone? Did I mention mine is special?!?! :D

Question: anyone know what the stock strings are? It’s no longer the Gibson master built 80/20 it seems to me. It’s darker color such as PB.

Cheers!

58_CBF0_E9-0131-4755-_A5_E0-_D1_FFDB63113_C.jpg

F416243_B-8_B19-4_E1_E-8951-4_E6132782344.jpg

F09_C081_A-3_E61-4_A4_E-_B749-3_D7_B5_ED298_B7.jpg

9_F8_E7792-3364-4_A8_C-_AAE7-45_E0_BC809_ABB.jpgimage post

FFE4_DAF9-5520-40_FF-_B692-5_C601582_EC2_E.jpg

DAB93_F3_B-012_E-4976-8_B3_A-9_BA18156173_F.jpg

Oh yeah

We all drool over various guitars seen in here , and rightly so , but to me there’s little beats the glorious burst and yet simplicity of a j45

That’s a beauty

I’m annoyed at the brown case though. I always wanted a brown case

Enjoy it !

SkyRider, congratulations on your new addition to your household. That is a stunning burst finish on your guitar, and the image of it in the case is the best one I have seen. The burst comes alive in that photo. I hope it plays and sounds as good as it looks.

Really nice. Tri-burst I think. Looks like Bozeman is doing some marketing here with the case and the candy! Congrats!

Same candy I received with my L1 a couple months ago.

Arguably the best all-purpose workhorse of a guitar on the planet. (Martinettes would say a D-18) I love the round-shouldered J45. I never travel with any of my guitars but when I'm out of town for any length of time I will rent a J45.

Congrats on a beautiful instrument. It will just get better and better.

YzFVYU3.jpg

Arguably the best all-purpose workhorse of a guitar on the planet. (Martinettes would say a D-18) I love the round-shouldered J45. I never travel with any of my guitars but when I'm out of town for any length of time I will rent a J45.

YzFVYU3.jpg

Oh wow!!! That’s just stunning to me. Is that yours? Is it standard model with two tone burst? It almost look 3 tone burst with lots of yellow in the middle. Is the Photo processed in anyways? Geez... so perfect and love the picture.

That IS a beautiful burst. And pic # 3 shows a great break angle and tall saddle.

Now I’ve got a new case to jones after, too.

Congrats and enjoy.

I was just thinking the same...really looks like Gibson have sorted the inconsistent neck angle issues recently.

I was just thinking the same...really looks like Gibson have sorted the inconsistent neck angle issues recently.

W e l l . . .

Looking at the air under the low E, there is a fair amount of it under that string- but that is a scary-high saddle (not necessarily a bad thing {unless..}).

A practical advantage of the non-black case such as the one above, or the Cali/TV/Vintage cases- less likely to be accidentally taken home in a multi guitar jam situation.

Sweet, Congratulations Skyrider. I have one but it is a '15 and recently I had a surgery that prevented me from playing my larger Dreads,instead I have spent most of my brief playing time with the LG-2 Ae. When I did get the 45 out recently I fell in love with it all over again they are great guitars.. Have fun my friend.

YzFVYU3.jpg

GREAT photo sir!!

Archived