Gibson Brands Forums

Brisket and Guitars

uncle fester

I’m 12 hours in to smoking a brisket and it looks like I got a couple more hours anyways... so what does that have to do with guitars - well everyone else has to be at the fields for games, so I got a good 2 + hours J45 time ahead of me - followed by actions leading to a meat coma, feel like a little mark knopfler is in order. Looking forward to a good night.

meat coma!! LOL!! that is awesome..

but yea,, I know of what you speak. Ive been known to serenade my smoker on occasion too. in fact, I think it's due time for one of those afternoons with the long weekend coming.

Good call!

Ok all - I was negligent in the pics, so it may not have happened but I've got a belly telling me different.

Regardless:

• To the folks from Texas: This was a Texas recipe, with guidance from a friend in Houston (you've got the corner on bbq!)
  • To kidblast: With the weather schedule, it would be a crime not to indulge
  • To bbg: gotta try brisket,
  • To the aussies: The impression I've got is the outback rivals our wild west, and gotta guess meat plays some role over there. what's the meat of choice, is kangaroo frowned upon?
  • To everyone else: That was a test run, doing a whole bunch of ribs on Friday and will sure to document accordingly

and coming back to the guitar theme - i got about 3 1/2 hours of playing time, uninterrupted and for no one but myself. quality time w/ my J45 made it seem like 2 mins. I love that guitar... and just plain playing!

Ok all - I was negligent in the pics, so it may not have happened but I've got a belly telling me different.

Regardless:

• To the folks from Texas: This was a Texas recipe, with guidance from a friend in Houston (you've got the corner on bbq!)
  • To kidblast: With the weather schedule, it would be a crime not to indulge
  • To bbg: gotta try brisket,
  • To the aussies: The impression I've got is the outback rivals our wild west, and gotta guess meat plays some role over there. what's the meat of choice, is kangaroo frowned upon?
  • To everyone else: That was a test run, doing a whole bunch of ribs on Friday and will sure to document accordingly

and coming back to the guitar theme - i got about 3 1/2 hours of playing time, uninterrupted and for no one but myself. quality time w/ my J45 made it seem like 2 mins. I love that guitar... and just plain playing!

I looked brisket up because we don’t buy that cut here - probably because it needs so long to cook/tenderise, they soak that section and more in brine for corn beef. That’s what I read on Giggle....

I recently finished a novel where the main character’s father was a butcher who brought shame on the family for bush shooting on weekends for native wildlife like kangaroo and emu, even large lizards and snakes and feral pigs and boars and substituting for prepared beef pieces at his butcher shop. The book was supposedly based on his real life childhood and meat substitution rackets were big .....so to answer your question, Billroy, I have probably inadvertantly eaten all kinds of things parcelled out to, for example, pie makers........frozen dinners....

Yikes! It is ok if I chose to eat a rat today, but a bit unfair and nasty if it is called beef medallions in sauce! [confused] [confused] [confused]

And back to the guitar theme......I have been practicing a lot plugged in with headphones. The people next door have had a pool installed, paving and landscaping and new fences and it has sounded like a city building site for about 8 weeks! Lunchtime today, about 10 cars, vans, trucks drove off together! I think that means they are finished.....silence. It will never end because the fat cow owner will want the house turned inside out next, guaranteed. Why did they buy it? It is a proven fact that pools don’t add any value to a house price when selling.

Grumble, grumble. I’m hungry. For beef.... but it has to have a bone I recognise..like T-bone... [glare]

BluesKing777.

BK your story amuses me!! LOL!..

There's a fella a few lots down from me that drives around town in his pickup and collects all sorts of "CRAP" to bring to the salvage yards.. It's a special day in the neighborhood when this moron starts cutting down water heaters, and appliances with his sawzall.

then again, I don't complain much tho, cuz if the neighbors (or I) leave something out there for a few days, "Fred Sanford" will surely come by and grab it. the best part is when he drives by with his truck so over loaded it looks like something out of a looney toons cartoon.

Ok, it's not real if there's no pics... well the brisket is long gone (18 hrs of smoking, 6 hrs of eating) but I'm a fortunate individual to work from home 99% of the time - so between con calls, was able to smoke up some ribs today. So, just as good as brisket and guitar - ribs and guitar! And a couple misc. pics thrown in. Hope you all are enjoying your days!

Guitar, mahogany - ribs, hickory:

VnmWbAs.jpg?1

View from my porch the brisket morning (dumpster is on the other neighbors side, I get it all...)

naSoefb.jpg?1

Banner, Re-issue Banner, Aspiration...

uCC7a66.jpg?2

Archived