Gibson Brands Forums

El Condor Pasa

drathbun

Well, Juan Carlos requested the tune so here goes. I had to find a place where the voices (octaves apart) and the guitar sit with my voice so I ended up on capo 4. I ended up putting down two SJ200 tracks; one with just the Travis style picking and the other with a lead following the tune and mixed them right and left. There's some compression, a bit of EQ and some reverb. The guitar part is using the iRig Acoustic Stage pickup and the vocal is with the Rode NT1 condenser microphone.

I had never even thought of playing this tune before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqj38F8BDZs&feature=youtu.be

Doug,

Wonderfully and Perfectly done !!!

I've been a S&G fan since childhood and your version turned out fantastic ... The J 200 sure rumbled my soul and bones !

I listened to it a few times in a row because it just sounded so great!

Thanks for something so refreshing ...

God Bless

JC

Doug,

Wonderfully and Perfectly done !!!

I've been a S&G fan since childhood and your version turned out fantastic ... The J 200 sure rumbled my soul and bones !

I listened to it a few times in a row because it just sounded so great!

Thanks for something so refreshing ...

God Bless

JC

Thanks so much JC! I did that video at 3am. It takes all day for my voice to get to the point I can carry a tune! :) Glad you enjoyed it, it was fun to make.

Well done, Doug!

As I listened, a conundrum in the lyric I never noticed before struck me........ I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail.... Okay, pretty straightforward. But then in another verse, I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet.... and behind that, ...away, I'd rather sail away.... Okay Paul, which is it? Feet on the ground or off into the wild blue yonder? Just a goofy observation that I'm sure means nothing but the opposite ideas jumped out at me.

Well done, Doug!

As I listened, a conundrum in the lyric I never noticed before struck me........ I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail.... Okay, pretty straightforward. But then in another verse, I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet.... and behind that, ...away, I'd rather sail away.... Okay Paul, which is it? Feet on the ground or off into the wild blue yonder? Just a goofy observation that I'm sure means nothing but the opposite ideas jumped out at me.

Just chalk it up to good. artistic tension and counterpoint. To be, or not to be... well which is it Shakespeare? ;)

Archived