Gibson Brands Forums

A lullaby, or something more sinister?

Lars68

I don't do many cover songs, but here is a new attempt at a song I first tried about a year and a half ago. It's recorded in one go, with the mic up half way between guitar and mouth, about three feet out. As for sound quality, this is one of my better recordings. Need to make note of all settings for future efforts...

The song could be interpreted either as a sweet lullaby, or something darker and much more sinister. I skipped the creepiest lyrics at the end of the song, and opted for the light [biggrin]

Lars

Gotta say- if I could only have the kind of learning curve you seem to be having. . . yes, the recording quality is well done, and processing seems to match the mood- a Bruce feel to it, if I dare say. To try to pull it off with English as a second language (?) Good job, Lars.

Thanks friends! This is a very good song for me to practice singing. There are lots of words and only three chords that roll over and over. I can concentrate on the singing and forget the rest.

I have always loved this song since I first heard it in about 1984. The way that Morrissey made the words flow in the original recording is just beautiful. I can't match that, but did my best.

Lars

The original version of "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" has always been one of my favorite songs. I find it very capitivating and haunting in the way the music flows, putting all attention on the lyrics.

Not the most well know song by The Smiths, but a classic nevertheless in my book.

Here is the original version for those not familiar with The Smiths.

Lars

Archived