Gibson Brands Forums

SG identify

Just in case you didn't see my post in your other thread;

Look up reference books...yours probably dates to 1971.

Gibson serial numbers from the early '70s are notoriously difficult to pin down but, unusually, two of my books on Gibson guitars both agree and give '71 as the date for a six-digit serial starting 736XXX. It might possibly be from a year either side but if you say it's a '71 you are probably correct.

Pip.

Just in case you didn't see my post in your other thread;

Look up reference books...yours probably dates to 1971.

Gibson serial numbers from the early '70s are notoriously difficult to pin down but, unusually, two of my books on Gibson guitars both agree and give '71 as the date for a six-digit serial starting 736XXX. It might possibly be from a year either side but if you say it's a '71 you are probably correct.

Pip.

Happy if it has been of help.

As one of my reference books used here was actually written in 1975 and the info was, therefore, very recent it's probably quite accurate in this instance.

Pics would be nice!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Happy if it has been of help.

As one of my reference books used here was actually written in 1975 and the info was, therefore, very recent it's probably quite accurate in this instance.

Pics would be nice!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Every time I try to upload a pic it just says “file too big” and won’t load

You will need to use a third-party picture host site.

I use postimage.org. It's free and the easiest one I've tried but many foks here use imgur and it works for them.

Once your image is uploaded simply copy the img code and paste this into your post.

A good image size for a website is around 30cm (12") wide x 20cm (8") @ 72dpi (screen resolution). Most picture hosting sites offer an automatic re-sizing default.

Pip.

Is there anything that you don’t know??? My car is running a little rough. Mind taking a look at it???????

I will work on that 3rd party site and see what I can do. How bout Shutterfly?

Again thanks so much for the SG info.

Archived