Gibson Brands Forums

L-4 / L-5 Issues...

Murph

I hurt my back in the early 90's. No surgery. Once a year or so it will "go out" and it takes a week or so and BOOM, it's back to normal.

18 days ago it "went out". It's not back to normal yet, guess I'm going to start with a chiropractor.

I hate pain...

Sounds familiar murph

Is no fun

I found physio worked better in the long run than chiropractors

But we’re all different

Never ever put it out by lifting , although years of that is what causes the damage of course , but was always a sneeze or a cough or doing something simple and off it went

Strimming the garden , or holding anything out in front of me would not do it any good

Did it once stretching for a snooker shot !

Take it easy

It’s all about getting the muscle to come out spasm

I suffered a herniated disc in January, which had me laid up in bed for a month. I have no idea what caused it. It hurt like crazy, and the pain killers were hard to deal with too. Caused all kinds of anxiety fits that got me really scared of what these things can do if you´re not careful. I ended up with some nerve damage that made the muscles in my right leg dissapear from not being able to contract them. I have been working out to regain control and strength ever since, but it is not working out so well thus far. I can walk without much trouble, but running or doing anything remotely sports oriented is no good. Sucks! Back pain is no fun. I hope you get well soon, Murph!

Lars

Living my entire adult life with several vert. compression fractures and the pain from compensating. A chiro has saved me. So, as Bill, I feel your pain. Hope it lets up soon Murphy.

Had a chiropractor beat the crap out of me yesterday. She had all kinds of torture devices and spared none it seems. I'm still crooked, but now sore to boot!

Going back today for more...

Had a chiropractor beat the crap out of me yesterday. She had all kinds of torture devices and spared none it seems. I'm still crooked, but now sore to boot!

Going back today for more...

So sorry you're going through this, Murph. I echo bbg's positive remarks regarding physical therapy vs. using a chiropractor. But that's just my experience. Hope something helps!

Good luck to you. Everybody has their own recipe, from my experience the chiropractor will straighten you out, but will be sore for a day or two... which bites because your already sore. Then repeat. Then the physical therapy / massage stuff comes in, need to address the muscles pulling everything out. Regardless, hope you get to the other side soon - looking forward to another cabin in the woods song, maybe put together another original, 'bad back blues...'

Man, THIS time it's like it gets so tight, it burns around the right hip. Can't even sit.

Thanks.

That's sciatic nerve pain, and it can be indicative of an extruded disk.

I had an L4/L5 laminectomy done in 1987, and do about 15 minutes of back/core exercises every single day. Well, at least five days a week.

Not something I would trust a chiro with, from bitter experience. My savior was a sports doc/orthodpod (I was a long-distance runner when I got hurt).

I feel your pain, Murph..........have a herniated L4 & 5 myself, since 1984. Hasn't blown up on me to any serious degree for a couple years now. Considered surgery early on in the ordeal but the doctor tossed me out of his office when I called him for being an hour and a half late for the initial appointment........jerk! Never did much for it but lay off when it flared up, still gets achey often but not debilitating. Life goes pn. Hope you get through it fairly...........

Archived